Thread: WCE vs Callum Sinclair who is kicking themselves the hardest?

Senior Player

WCE vs Callum Sinclair who is kicking themselves the hardest?

I am a bit slow but it just occurred to me that after losing NicNat that the team that stole the 2006 premiership would probably like to have Callum back for next season. However with the performance this year of our double N's ( not too mention Super Tom waiting in the wings ) he may just find himself as a NEAFL star next year. Is there such a thing as a lose lose trade? Or will he rise to the challenge and become part of our best 22?

If we could trade right now, would be good for both clubs to reverse the trade. We could do with Jetta and they need Sinclair.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I am a bit slow but it just occurred to me that after losing NicNat that the team that stole the 2006 premiership would probably like to have Callum back for next season. However with the performance this year of our double N's ( not too mention Super Tom waiting in the wings ) he may just find himself as a NEAFL star next year. Is there such a thing as a lose lose trade? Or will he rise to the challenge and become part of our best 22?
    I think Sinclair will still be in our best 22 for this year at least. A much more rounded player at the moment.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Jetts on fire, back to 2012????

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Giles doing very well

Looked like Sinclair was carrying an injury for a while as he stopped jumping

But yes our two young ones are here and now and ready !!

I think we not even consider trading Sinclair. Still important player long-term. Great to see the Nankervis and Naismith really improve but having Sinclair is very important to next year and beyond.
    I am a proud South Australian Sydney Swans Member - Go BLOODS

Veterans List
    Thoughts Jetts was great last night, great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk31 View Post
    I think we not even consider trading Sinclair. Still important player long-term. Great to see the Nankervis and Naismith really improve but having Sinclair is very important to next year and beyond.
    Let's take the optimistic scenario where there are no serious injuries to our ruckmen or forward/ruck players in the next 3 years:

Naismith and Tippett are our first choice ruck division. Nankervis continues to improve. I think he's already ahead of Sinclair, but he's likely to improve more than Sinclair in the coming years, due to his age alone. If he doesn't get more senior footy over the next couple years, he will be asking to be traded, so we are likely to play him ahead of Sinclair, who can't go anywhere because he's contracted for another 3 years.

We also have a couple of handy players who can handle a relief ruckman role in Reid and Aliir.

Sinclair will be 30 yo when his contract ends. Why is he an important player to us long-term. He will only become important in case of injury to Naismith and Tippett.

If a good trade arises in this period for either Sinclair of Nankervis, we should seriously consider it. There are always decent ruckmen available to be taken in the rookie draft that can be that #4 ruckman to be used in case of a bad injury year.

Long-term, meaning post Tippett, we should be looking at a Naismith-Nankervis senior ruck combo.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Thoughts Jetts was great last night, great to see.
    His last two weeks are improved - but then again when you look at the stats, you see he only got 10 possessions all night, kicked a goal, took 4 marks and had a couple of tackles thrown in. While I love watching him at his best, he still is a long way off what he showed in his one real halcyon season in 2012.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    He may not have won the hitouts against Goldstein, but he was the best ruckman out there on Sunday. Also, he had the most tackles out of either team.
    I just hope he doesn't burn out before the end of the season. I was also thinking that about a month ago but he is still going strong.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I wondered if they might rest McCartin this week and play Cameron to give him a bit of help?