Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Woohoo! My boss is a GWS member and told me I am coming with him to the ANZ Box at Homebush on Saturday. He is paying for our flights as well! I hope he will regret this decision.
    So your boss pays for flights, accomodation, entry into box, and is a GWS Member...

I'd be dressing in orange if I were you. Its a long walk home to no job.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Mills for Cunningham
    Emg: Cunningham Laidler Nankervis

No change for them
    Emg: Palmer Hoskin-Elliott A.Kennedy

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Mills for Cunningham

No change for them
    In addition to Mills being back, really like the Emergency List - all are worthy inclusions into the side if needed.

(P.S. - to "bloodspirit" - thanks.)

Veterans List
    Anyone know how to pre-purchase parking at White Elephant Park? What's the expected crowd at this point?

Sad for Harry C but he's struggled for an impact for a few weeks now.

EDIT: found parking link

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Mills for Cunningham

No change for them
    Good reward for Harry Marsh keeping his spot - that is the change I would of made. If Jones has a ripper on Saturday, he might be unlucky come our next seniors game, but good to see him doing well.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    So your boss pays for flights, accomodation, entry into box, and is a GWS Member...

I'd be dressing in orange if I were you. Its a long walk home to no job.
    LoL that's very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Anyone know how to pre-purchase parking at White Elephant Park? What's the expected crowd at this point?

Sad for Harry C but he's struggled for an impact for a few weeks now.

EDIT: found parking link
    If you book your parking through the ANZ stadium site you can print at home, if you do it through ticketec, I think it is venue pick up only.

Regular in the Side
    my only concern about tomorrow is the bye round cuasing us to lose momentum..
    It showed last night with the eagles....if as previous years the dogs had to come back to perth the week after, the eagles in their last month the momentum they built up would ahve trumped the dogs...

so that is my concern is how we go after a bye round....

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Well, yeah, but you fell asleep in the car, and we didn't want to wake you. So we left you in the car sleeping. The AFL decided not to wait till Saturday, and the game was played at Henson Park at 9:30 this morning as a curtain raiser for the new seven-a-side AFL-X comp they are trying to promote. We drove the car into the ground and parked it behind the goal posts. We rolled the windows down a bit so you could get some air. There wasn't many people there, but it was a good game. We won by 31. So now we have another two-and-a-half weeks off till the Prelim.
    I never fell asleep in the car.
    If I did that, I couldn't ask them are we there yet.

Are we there yet?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    my only concern about tomorrow is the bye round cuasing us to lose momentum..
    It showed last night with the eagles....if as previous years the dogs had to come back to perth the week after, the eagles in their last month the momentum they built up would ahve trumped the dogs...

so that is my concern is how we go after a bye round....
    Blaming the bye is a piss weak excuse to me. West Coast were shown up last night what most have suspected for a large chunk of the season - that they were back to their flat track bully best. Without Nic Nat they are half the team, and they have plenty of big names that love to beat up on good teams, but love to go missing more often than not when the heat is on.

Every team is in the same boat with the week off, so trying to palm it off as an excuse for a poor performance in the finals is absolute nonsense in my book.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

West Coast lost because they were complacent not because of the bye week. They saw the last Bulldog's performance against the Dockers thinking that it's going to be a walk in the park for them. If the players don't understand that the finals are a different ballgame altogether then it's too bad if they lose. I'm sure Sydney Swans will be more switched on for the finals, because they always are and bye week will have the same effect on them as it has on GWS. It will go down to who wants to win it more, us or GWS. There are no gimmes here.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    56-14, I appreciate your input. It was a tasteless "joke" and accusing people of not seeing the "funny" side seems to be standard reply of people pulled up making offensive remarks. Let's leave the Goodes' example (leapt straight to my mind too) alone and instead look at Eddie's "joking" about holding Caro under water. He also tried to dismiss it as simply humour and overlooked its sinister power. Seems pretty similar to me except that umpires are perhaps less disadvantaged than women. I know these comments are not meant to be as horrible as they may be perceived but still the person making the comment has to take some responsibility but often they lack the insight to do so. It took guts to make a stand and say something and, 56-14, I applaud you for it and don't want to see you run out of town (even though I'm sorry to find myself on the other side of the fence from stevoswan whose comments I generally dig). I don't want to get embroiled in this either.

Those comments notwithstanding, these things can be tricky. I have a Jewish friend who once took great offence at me using the term "Nazi" in a jocular fashion (e.g. "soup Nazi" like on Seinfeld) and I'm still not sure that I think it is wrong to use the term Nazi like that. (But I will try to avoid doing it around him again.) Good humour is often edgy (and even clich� humour like using the term "Nazi" out of context) but just because something might cause offence doesn't make it unacceptable. In this case though, I agree Old Royboy's comment simply was not funny and is offensive to some.

I generally try to avoid these more political discussions (instead of adding to them) because I'd rather be talking about footy and am only commenting this time because it seems unfair that nobody else has offered you, 56-14, any support when you were making a worthy contribution.
    Thanks for being so consciously politically correct.
    Used to be that you could say something funny in this country and not have the hand-wringers get all hand-wringly about it.
    Undo the elastic in your undies. They're too tight.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.