Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

I'll take 3.20pm on a Saturday - good time for footy and should be the best time for maximising the crowd at the game.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'll take 3.20pm on a Saturday - good time for footy and should be the best time for maximising the crowd at the game.
    Mmm, its on on Saturday arvo AND on Sunday evening according to this:
    Finals fixture: Eagles, Dogs kick it off on Thursday night - AFL.com.au

Sunday September 10, 7.10pm at ANZ Stadium
    First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

and
    Minor premiers, the Sydney Swans, renew hostilities against cross-town rival Greater Western Sydney in the first qualifying final at ANZ Stadium on Saturday, September 10 at 3.20pm EST.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have never had a Swans v Cats "Prelim" at the SCG. It was a semi final (week 2) game in 2005.

Nevertheless, I'd take the same result if it happens (except for the heart attack and bruised cat).

Papley instead of ND, perhaps?
    I like your thinking, but honestly, I couldn't go through that again!!

Senior Player
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have never had a Swans v Cats "Prelim" at the SCG. It was a semi final (week 2) game in 2005.

Nevertheless, I'd take the same result if it happens (except for the heart attack and bruised cat).

Excuse me - right you are. I got over-excited.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Mmm, its on on Saturday arvo AND on Sunday evening according to this:
    Finals fixture: Eagles, Dogs kick it off on Thursday night - AFL.com.au

Sunday September 10, 7.10pm at ANZ Stadium

and
    Minor premiers, the Sydney Swans, renew hostilities against cross-town rival Greater Western Sydney in the first qualifying final at ANZ Stadium on Saturday, September 10 at 3.20pm EST.

The latter would be better.....but at night.

On the Rookie List
    afl site just updated

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at ANZ Stadium

so it's saturday

Gary Rohan kicking four in last would have a small amount of irony.

Senior Player
    AFL seem to have fixed up their page now, looks like Saturday 10th 3:20 it is. I have the kids that weekend due to "girls weekend away." Looks like they'll be spending a day at the footy

given the game will likely attract a crowd in excess of the 48,000 capacity at the SCG
    Certainly should and can only hope it does.

Crowd expected... memberships = 56k swans + 15k giants + 10k ANZ members = 80k sellout.

Note there is a fair bit of crossover there but with good marketing should get 70k. All depends on swans members

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    *sigh* I had my fingers firmly crossed for a Thursday evening surprise. I'm off overseas on Friday for a month. We booked almost a year ago and I had no idea our kids would stand up like they have this year - was thinking we'd maybe scrape into the 8.

I'll be in the Caribbean Sea somewhere during the GF. The boys have only won GFs when I've been there :/ I missed 96, 06 and 14 for various reasons. Let's hope they change that trend this year.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Crowd expected... memberships = 56k swans + 15k giants + 10k ANZ members = 80k sellout.

Note there is a fair bit of crossover there but with good marketing should get 70k. All depends on swans members

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    I'll never go to an AFL game at ANZ again if they manage 70,000 through the gate

50K would be a really good outcome.

There is a more than reasonable crossover between Swans and Giants members, there are Swans members everywhere (I.e. not just in Sydney) which means many will not be there (it is a qualifying final after all), and given that ANZ was after only 5000 tickets for games at the SCG (and tiny amounts have been used for the moved 3 games during the season), I'd argue the evidence would suggest there is no way in hell that there will be 10,000 anz members there.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Agree, just hope for nice weather too!
    Swannies for life!

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast