Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    There will never be a Grand Final in Sydney.
    Not now.

And the comp will be forever compromised because of it.
    As a put my ANZ hobby horse out to pasture, I can see my next hobby horse (GF venue) cantering toward me. here boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Maybe you should hold your breath waiting for that Sydney granny.
    You'll eventually go purple and die.
    would you like me to die, AnnieH ?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Not now.

And the comp will be forever compromised because of it.
    As a put my ANZ hobby horse out to pasture, I can see my next hobby horse (GF venue) cantering toward me. here boy.

- - - Updated - - -

would you like me to die, AnnieH ?
    Well, if you hold your breath until you go purple and don't take another...
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

There is no way the AFL Gf will ever not be played at the G.

Somehow the AFL has manipulated fans into thinking tradition is important when its convenient and in the process has turned the MCG into some AFL holy land.

If they want to play the GF at the MCG then like Wembley in EPL it should not be home to any team at all. The hawks, tigers and demons can play at docklands like every other Victorian team or they can go back to using suburban grounds.

Senior Player
    Take your red and white glasses off. Of course the Grand Final should always be played at the MCG, to suggest anything else is ridiculous. It holds 90,000+ and there's still not enough tickets for everyone who wants one

I always thought it needed to stay there but I reckon every other year they could play it interstate.
    I way more p*ssed about all teams not just us having to play anywhere other than home.

If your the better team it shouldn't matter that your opponent or all your members can or cant get tickets, first in first served.
    If I was NSW based, id happily miss out on a finals game at the SCG instead of getting a ticket for that cow paddock

Regular in the Side
    Stevie J can accept a 1 game ban..a 2 down to 1 penalty...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Take your red and white glasses off. Of course the Grand Final should always be played at the MCG, to suggest anything else is ridiculous. It holds 90,000+ and there's still not enough tickets for everyone who wants one
    Then as kilroyII says, the Hawks, Tiges and Demons need to find a different home ground to reduce their advantage of having played on the ground 8-12 times during the regular season vs, e.g., 0-3 times for WA, SA, Qld and NSW teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Stevie J can accept a 1 game ban..a 2 down to 1 penalty...
    Graded as careless... careless because he didn't make sure it was so far away from the ball that there would be no vision of it.

Mummy cleared (of course).

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post

And? Homebush holds what 80k?

Adelaide oval 50k?

The new perth stadium will hold how many?

We are not short of modern boutique stadiums at all, yet the MCG is seen as this holy mecca.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Then as kilroyII says, the Hawks, Tiges and Demons need to find a different home ground to reduce their advantage of having played on the ground 8-12 times during the regular season vs, e.g., 0-3 times for WA, SA, Qld and NSW teams.
    The Tigers & the Dees can play there a little longer, they need all the help they can get.
    It annoys me how GWS are given such repeated massive boosts, yet struggling "traditional" clubs are left to flounder.
    As the GWS juggernaut rolls along, it will be particularly at the expense of the struggling "traditional" clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    The Tigers & the Dees can play there a little longer, they need all the help they can get.
    It annoys me how GWS are given such repeated massive boosts, yet struggling "traditional" clubs are left to flounder.
    As the GWS juggernaut rolls along, it will be particularly at the expense of the struggling "traditional" clubs.
    This is what will bite the AFL in the arse. They are undermining and compromising the league and foundation clubs at the expense of perhaps swaying a few ex pats to follow GWS. People say its a long term plan, but is the AFL really ready to lose another 100 million bucks in under 5 years to make GWS happen and wait for that generation of kids to come through?

I think if GW$ wins a few flags a lot of fans will leave and follow lower leagues, like many are currently doing.

Regular in the Side
    AFL on Twitter: "How good was that! #ohwhatafeeling https://t.co/223FODfsoW"

interesting to see how proud the AFL is the Giants won...As the heading states "How GOOD WAS THAT"...no bias here move along nothing to see here...
    Nevermind the fact the swans have toiled hard for over 30 years imagine what we could have done with 100 mill and everyone whinges about COLA and the swans.....please....

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    AFL on Twitter: "How good was that! #ohwhatafeeling https://t.co/223FODfsoW"

interesting to see how proud the AFL is the Giants won...As the heading states "How GOOD WAS THAT"...no bias here move along nothing to see here...
    Nevermind the fact the swans have toiled hard for over 30 years imagine what we could have done with 100 mill and everyone whinges about COLA and the swans.....please....
    I laughed at the comment 'glad they could share it with all their fans in the change rooms'
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."