Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Senior Player
    For gods sake don't watch the 7.30 report tonight then oh and Barry what do you think of this story?
    Giant opportunity, faltering step

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    For gods sake don't watch the 7.30 report tonight then oh and Barry what do you think of this story?
    Yeah, they can keep their mangy butts out of our home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I can't believe someone out there has the balls to even mention them borrowing the SCG.
    They can get stuffed.
    Play at their pitiful ground.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

An article written by someone who doesnt love in sydney.

No way in God's green earth will spotless be sold out and even if it did the whole idea of the giants is to grow the game in western sydney

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    This is what will bite the AFL in the arse. They are undermining and compromising the league and foundation clubs at the expense of perhaps swaying a few ex pats to follow GWS. People say its a long term plan, but is the AFL really ready to lose another 100 million bucks in under 5 years to make GWS happen and wait for that generation of kids to come through?

I think if GW$ wins a few flags a lot of fans will leave and follow lower leagues, like many are currently doing.
    GWS will be the AFL's monster child, a creation of their own making. I see the long term benefits and really this 5-10 year disruption to the competition will have enormous long term benefits for the game provided GWS invests in Western Sydney. I'm just not sure that a wimp like Gill will have the guts to stay the journey, Gonzo would have for sure. I still think that there are two too many Melbourne clubs but they are very very hard to kill off and the fact that GWS must be at least 10-15 years from being financially viable provides a lifeline to all the unviable Melbourne clubs

It will be interesting viewing. I really couldn't care less to be honest, my dislike of them and their idiotic consumers will be offset be the angst coming from Victoria. As long as we don't get caught in the crossfire I'll be happy

Veterans List
    Just realised that Talia is banned from the club, that's good as we play Crows in a final and Talia lobbed on us because the Dogs said he leaked their finals game plan to his brother at the Crows!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    GWS will be the AFL's monster child, a creation of their own making. I see the long term benefits and really this 5-10 year disruption to the competition will have enormous long term benefits for the game provided GWS invests in Western Sydney. I'm just not sure that a wimp like Gill will have the guts to stay the journey, Gonzo would have for sure. I still think that there are two too many Melbourne clubs but they are very very hard to kill off and the fact that GWS must be at least 10-15 years from being financially viable provides a lifeline to all the unviable Melbourne clubs

It will be interesting viewing. I really couldn't care less to be honest, my dislike of them and their idiotic consumers will be offset be the angst coming from Victoria. As long as we don't get caught in the crossfire I'll be happy
    Be interesting with a predicated downtime coming how the giants and the AFL survive when people dont have money to pay for a few memberships. The majority of GWS memberships come from either ex pats living in Sydney OR people in melbourne who want to help GWS out with a second membership.

Also I dont think supporters of the big clubs will be able to handle a long period of GWS AFL assisted success. We are copping it down here for the COLA stuff and Buddy, just wait until GWS have won a few flags and the bulldogs/saints are still trying to win that elusive second flag.

The idea that expansion clubs have to wait for numbies like dogs and saints to win a flag first is stupid. They shouldn't be dragged down to the lowest of low clubs. They should be aspiring to compete and have success like the swans , hawks and cats.

If these numby clubs are trying to drag the comp down to their level, they should be kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The idea that expansion clubs have to wait for numbies like dogs and saints to win a flag first is stupid. They shouldn't be dragged down to the lowest of low clubs. They should be aspiring to compete and have success like the swans , hawks and cats.

If these numby clubs are trying to drag the comp down to their level, they should be kicked out.
    If GWS were afforded the same opportunities as the Dogs & Saints, GWS wouldn't even be competitive in the NEAFL reserves competition. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    If GWS were afforded the same opportunities as the Dogs & Saints, GWS wouldn't even be competitive in the NEAFL reserves competition. That's the point.
    Which is good reason to remove dogs and aints from comp right?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Nice strawman champ.

Its about GWS, thats who we're talking about.

Veterans List
    Which is good reason to remove dogs and aints from comp right?
    Well the AFL worked hard to get LOLNorf (then know as just the Kangaroos) to go to the Gold Coast, were giving them a heap of money and draft concessions but Brayshaw led the NO campaign so LOLNorf will forever be a Melbourne minnow.

The other part of the plan was to relocate the WESTERN Bulldogs to Western Sydney but once LOLNorf fell over the Dogs were safe.

Then of course we got the stupid 18 team comp which hasn't helped a whole heap of struggling Melbourne clubs.