Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

You know what I really can't stand... people who hold a membership to the swans AND the bogans.
    If you want to follow the bogans, follow them - we'll take your money, but we'll consider it tainted.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    You know what I really can't stand... people who hold a membership to the swans AND the bogans.
    If you want to follow the bogans, follow them - we'll take your money, but we'll consider it tainted.
    Dont worry, market forces in a few years will sort that out quick fast. Same as those 2nd memberships by AFL fans.

All that will be left is 100 GWS fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Well the AFL worked hard to get LOLNorf (then know as just the Kangaroos) to go to the Gold Coast, were giving them a heap of money and draft concessions but Brayshaw led the NO campaign so LOLNorf will forever be a Melbourne minnow.

The other part of the plan was to relocate the WESTERN Bulldogs to Western Sydney but once LOLNorf fell over the Dogs were safe.

Then of course we got the stupid 18 team comp which hasn't helped a whole heap of struggling Melbourne clubs.
    The AFL squibbed it big time. Not only do they have two fragile new expansion clubs, but they have decimated Brisbane, and still have to prop up 3 or 4 melbourne VFA-quality clubs. And now these numby VFA-style clubs want to drag down the new expansion clubs to their basketcase level. If the AFL wanted a Gold coast team in the VFA, they should have just added to the VFA directly.

We are well overdue for a melbourne team rationalisation.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The AFL squibbed it big time. Not only do they have two fragile new expansion clubs, but they have decimated Brisbane, and still have to prop up 3 or 4 melbourne VFA-quality clubs. And now these numby VFA-style clubs want to drag down the new expansion clubs to their basketcase level. If the AFL wanted a Gold coast team in the VFA, they should have just added to the VFA directly.

We are well overdue for a melbourne team rationalisation.
    I agree about the AFL squibbing. If North and Bulldogs had gone to Gold Coast and Western Sydney, they and the whole comp would have been better off, especially if they had been properly supported past the initial disruption and rancour. The Bulldogs could even still have been the Western Bulldogs.

The best current alternative is that North could be the basis for the much-needed Tasmanian team.

In the meantime I hope the experiment works. The code needs to expand in the Northern states and the AFL is right to continue with the Giants, but should requite them to engage more with the locals and leave the Murray region to others. If the Suns go down (so to speak) I'd like to see them based in Darwin.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Who are these three or four VFA quality clubs that you refer to Barry?
    The four bottom Vic clubs this year were Essendon Carlton Richmond and Collingwood
    Even in your trolling mode you must admit there's a fair bit of power held by these clubs. Massive membership numbers history and premiership success.
    Of course I await your response saying that actual on field success is not the criteria you were using.
    Like it or not we were the recipient of much ongoing financial assistance for quite some time in the 80's and 90's and we couldn't even point to any major on field success to justify that investment.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    This is we turnovers killed us, with lack of vision, decision making and poor skills. This is only 1 but they kicked 11 goals from turnovers.

Swans turnovers and what we are Page 1.jpg

Swans turnovers and what we are page 2.jpg

Swans turnovers and what we are page 3.jpg

Swans turnovers and what we are page 4.jpg

PS: I couldn't work it out any other way.

This is hardly a surprise - but some in the media had tried to make a beat-up about the standard AFL request for information on Kennedy's concussion test.

"The Sydney Swans have been cleared of any wrongdoing after an investigation into their concussion management of midfielder Josh Kennedy in last week's qualifying final against Greater Western Sydney."

Swans in the clear over Kennedy assessment - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    This is we turnovers killed us, with lack of vision, decision making and poor skills. This is only 1 but they kicked 11 goals from turnovers.

Swans turnovers and what we are Page 1.jpg

Swans turnovers and what we are page 2.jpg

Swans turnovers and what we are page 3.jpg

Swans turnovers and what we are page 4.jpg

PS: I couldn't work it out any other way.
    That is really interesting stuff Wauchope - shows how one split second decision has such a big impact on the play. Aliir certainly does have good vision, and in time that will be a really valuable asset in the backline for us.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    There are split second decisions but if your default position is bomb forward, without forwards, then how can that ever work.

Aliir appears to be able to read movement and space. Or will it be coached out of him!

Mitchell never looked outside and appeared to be almost totally left sided, by hand and foot, and wanted to go back to that side.

Mcveigh has played 300 games for the club and knews that we dont keep a lot of forwards in front 50. He should knew that if our forwards are not in front 50 they MUST be just 25-40m in front of him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

By design, money, pedigree and experience GWS are a superior team in my opinion

We out performed in season 2016 with our young ones with minimal games in Snrs

But we have fight and we can turn it around on our day in our backyard ....... So different to the big fields that suit the outside player game

Adelaide though has an incredible array of targets that one on one are a nightmare up front and I wouldn't sell the short of winning the GF

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    By design, money, pedigree and experience GWS are a superior team in my opinion
    Same thing was said in 2005 about West Coast, compared to us.

If we channel the bloods spirit, we can go all the way. Giants will poop themselves on the MCG at grand final day.

Dont abandon hope.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    There are split second decisions but if your default position is bomb forward, without forwards, then how can that ever work.

Aliir appears to be able to read movement and space. Or will it be coached out of him!

Mitchell never looked outside and appeared to be almost totally left sided, by hand and foot, and wanted to go back to that side.

Mcveigh has played 300 games for the club and knews that we dont keep a lot of forwards in front 50. He should knew that if our forwards are not in front 50 they MUST be just 25-40m in front of him.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Great call. The kid has many talents and tries his heart out - but he has many limitations as well, and one-sidedness, lack of vision and poor decision-making are among his worst.