Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'll never go to an AFL game at ANZ again if they manage 70,000 through the gate

50K would be a really good outcome.

There is a more than reasonable crossover between Swans and Giants members, there are Swans members everywhere (I.e. not just in Sydney) which means many will not be there (it is a qualifying final after all), and given that ANZ was after only 5000 tickets for games at the SCG (and tiny amounts have been used for the moved 3 games during the season), I'd argue the evidence would suggest there is no way in hell that there will be 10,000 anz members there.
    You are such a doomsdayer mcs. Luckily for you this is the last ever AFL game at the grand old lady...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Crowd expected... memberships = 56k swans + 15k giants + 10k ANZ members = 80k sellout.

Note there is a fair bit of crossover there but with good marketing should get 70k. All depends on swans members

Remember of those 56k members there are 11 to12k in Victoria.

I think the total crowd will hopefully be between 50 and 60,000. As others have mentioned it will depend on the ticket prices. Plus I hope that there aren't people that won't go just because it is at ANZ. I'm jealous that I won't be there.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    You are such a doomsdayer mcs. Luckily for you this is the last ever AFL game at the grand old lady...

What's with the grand old lady rubbish. It was only twenty years ago it was a toxic dumping ground. Given the history since it was probably safer then as well.

Senior Player
    You would hope that there is enough interest in the code in Sydney to get 45,000 to 50,000 to the game. We are a seriously good team, and so are the Giants. I reckon there are thousands of Swans members and fans all around the country (especially in Melbourne) that would love to
    be able to get to ANZ as easily as us living in Sydney can.

Warming the Bench
    Remember Friday, 22 September 2006 (8:00 pm) Sydney 19.13 (127) def. Fremantle 14.8 (92) Telstra Stadium (crowd: 61,373) so why shouldn't it be a big night.
    We're a better team with more members. Its time to flex our muscles and say this is our City.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Remember of those 56k members there are 11 to12k in Victoria.

I think the total crowd will hopefully be between 50 and 60,000. As others have mentioned it will depend on the ticket prices. Plus I hope that there aren't people that won't go just because it is at ANZ. I'm jealous that I won't be there.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Yes Barry. I too was going to mention the12000 off Victorian swans members who are unlikely to travel.

I'm thinking 60000 would be a good crowd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    AFL seem to have fixed up their page now, looks like Saturday 10th 3:20 it is. I have the kids that weekend due to "girls weekend away." Looks like they'll be spending a day at the footy

Certainly should and can only hope it does.
    Neilfws. Do you live near Penshurst oatley Mortdale area by chance. Maybe your wife is at the same "girls weekend away" as my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Ahhh safetyboy, until you're a tiny female who has to venture out to homebush by them self if they want to see the final, don't go judging people's state of fan ness...

I won't be going by myself. I've been a member of the club for well over a decade..but travelling to Homebush via train is uncomfortably awful if you are a sole female ...sorry, it just is......

If I can find somebody to accompany me, I will go...if not, I have two memberships if anybody wants to use them...

But if the final was at the SCG, I would go alone with no problems...
    I am a 67 y.o. 145cm female who lives 'out west' and I have had no trouble going on the train by myself to Homebush (or SCG) even after a Saturday night game.
    Until I do have trouble I will continue to do so, although not to Homebush. I too prefer the SCG by the way.

Ahhh safetyboy, until you're a tiny female who has to venture out to homebush by them self if they want to see the final, don't go judging people's state of fan ness...

I won't be going by myself. I've been a member of the club for well over a decade..but travelling to Homebush via train is uncomfortably awful if you are a sole female ...sorry, it just is......

If I can find somebody to accompany me, I will go...if not, I have two memberships if anybody wants to use them...

You're not by yourself... the trains are crowded.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

As usual you just play the man Barry without even attempting to respond to the points raised.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    Remember Friday, 22 September 2006 (8:00 pm) Sydney 19.13 (127) def. Fremantle 14.8 (92) Telstra Stadium (crowd: 61,373) so why shouldn't it be a big night.
    We're a better team with more members. Its time to flex our muscles and say this is our City.
    That was a preliminary final however and in the middle of our first 'golden age', when Olympic stadium attendances were consistently good. Any crowd above 50K will be an excellent effort indeed in my book. I think there will be a fair indication of how ticket sales are going by how many tickets turn up on those 'lasttix/last minute' style websites next week at discounted prices. The AFL certainly will have egg on its face if they don't manage to draw 48K+.

At least they've done the right thing by scheduling it at a time which should maximise attendance in terms of families etc.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Even on a Saturday afternoon?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Daisi, you are playing the role of an eastern suburbs socialite magnificently.

Last time I went to Homebush, I got stabbed, mugged twice, and my car was firebombed. Some say I was lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    As usual you just play the man Barry without even attempting to respond to the points raised.....
    The AFL certainly will have egg on its face if they don't manage to draw 48K+.
    Thats not playing the man mcs, and you know it.

The AFL have gone into bat for the Swans a lot by breaking the contract with ANZ for H&A games and other finals.

Breaking contracts is not something that is done lightly. Anyone in business would know that.
    Stop the romantic view and accept that its actually worked out in everybody's best interest. Or maximized the benefit that was possible.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast