Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I'm not sure her point was about Homebush specifically but the trip getting there.

There is an interesting clientele on that line at times.
    And as a solo female traveller, you have to take a lot caution these days.
    If a single female was ever going to take a trip on a train and feel safe, the trip to/from Olympic Park on a Saturday afternoon/early evening footy dedicated train filled with Swans supporters with no interstate side supporters to make it even mildly uncomfortable, this would be it.

Not downplaying Daisi's reservations, but safety in this instance is highly unlikely to be an issue...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I was extremely impressed by the bravery shown by the 9000 eastern suburbs residents who battled through to the spotless game earlier this year. It was dark on the way home too.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    But how will you ever know for sure that the game was lost, if indeed we do lose, because of the stadium rather than say, something crazy like GWS playing better than us on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    But if it means the difference between a win and a loss, and we lose, I'll certainly be 'worked up' about it......

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    But how will you ever know for sure that the game was lost, if indeed we do lose, because of the stadium rather than say, something crazy like GWS playing better than us on the day.
    Indeed. Our finals record at ANZ is terrific, only losses coming against Brisbane when they were a juggernaut and #lolnorf when we had half our side in the stands.

I'd prefer SCG for sure, but if we lose at ANZ it will be for factors other than the venue...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I was extremely impressed by the bravery shown by the 9000 eastern suburbs residents who battled through to the spotless game earlier this year. It was dark on the way home too.

Just stop Barry. You have no right to mock Daisi. You've got want you wanted - a final at ANZ. How about just being quietly pleased?

That wasn't aimed at daisi, but i take your point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    If a single female was ever going to take a trip on a train and feel safe, the trip to/from Olympic Park on a Saturday afternoon/early evening footy dedicated train filled with Swans supporters with no interstate side supporters to make it even mildly uncomfortable, this would be it.

Not downplaying Daisi's reservations, but safety in this instance is highly unlikely to be an issue...
    I did consider that as I know those trains are pretty crowded.
    But it could be the next leg of travel that is the problem.

Senior Player
    And don't forget to mention how uneven the asphalt is on the bottom level of the P3 parking station at Homebush. I stubbed my foot into it after that game, since then
    I've lost at least fifteen metres with my driver off the tee because I can't pivot on that foot properly now. That never would have happened at the SCG.

Last edited by KTigers; 29th August 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Senior Player
    Yes, I posted this last week. Outside of those two quite unique situations, we have never lost a final at ANZ. GWS are seriously good, but so were all the other finals teams we
    played out at Homebush.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Indeed. Our finals record at ANZ is terrific, only losses coming against Brisbane when they were a juggernaut and #lolnorf when we had half our side in the stands.

I'd prefer SCG for sure, but if we lose at ANZ it will be for factors other than the venue...

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Contract and crowd figure are connected. You are being silly arguing that the only reason its at ANZ is crowd. Maybe gill didnt go to every bit of detail in his interview . Hes not the sharpest tool on the shed and loves nothing more than closed door negotiations

if it's not based on crowd numbers why would the gws game be shifted to and and not other opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, I posted this last week. Outside of those two quite unique situations, we have never lost a final at ANZ. GWS are seriously good, but so were all the other finals teams we
    played out at Homebush.
    GWS have never lost a final at Homebush, or any ground.

Senior Player
    It's an imposing record. And one no other team can lay claim to.

GWS have never lost a final at Homebush, or any ground.

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast