Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have never had a Swans v Cats "Prelim" at the SCG. It was a semi final (week 2) game in 2005.
    Nick Davis come 2 Savis!

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    if it's not based on crowd numbers why would the gws game be shifted to and and not other opponents?

Let me paraphrase contract negotiations:
    Gill: We want to move swans finals to SCG.
    ANZ: No, its in the contract, give us 10,000 seats for our members or forget it.
    Gill: But that only leaves 35,000 for swans and giants if they meet in a final. Swans fans will be livid, and you know what they are like.
    ANZ: Not my problem.
    Gill has a think.
    Gill: Ok, what about we leave Swans v GWS there, and move the other one. We'll only give you 5,000 seats for that, and I'll have a word to Eddie to make sure Swans v GWS is in first week.
    ANZ: And...
    Gill: ahhh... we'll give you $500,000 compo package.
    ANZ: Fine. Now get the f out of my office.
    A few moments later.
    ANZ guys to each other: What a dill. lol.

Happy and I know it
    With the generous limit of 10 tickets per membership, there doesn't seem to be an expectation that tickets will be in high demand from non-members.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    With the generous limit of 10 tickets per membership, there doesn't seem to be an expectation that tickets will be in high demand from non-members.
    Agree, AFL are relying on us to bring a host of friends. Probably would be a good ploy in a non-AFL city if they allowed some form of discount for purchase of multiple tickets.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    It's an imposing record. And one no other team can lay claim to.
    Welllll technically the Suns have never lost a final either . I apologise in advance for my pettiness in responding to quite an amusing post.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I did consider that as I know those trains are pretty crowded.
    But it could be the next leg of travel that is the problem.
    There's no next leg Scott. The train takes you directly to the ground for busy events like this, or a quick change at Lidcombe when it's a smaller event.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Despite McGlynn kicking 5 goals, I don't know if I support him being selected against GWS. From memory, GWS seem to rile him up quite easily and I think McGlynn is mentally weak and can't control his emotions. It's all well and good to belt Richmond, but let's see him do it against some quality opposition.

Senior Player
    This is what happens when you live in Sydney, a city with a 100% record for Top 4 teams this year and best ground to watch footy in the country (the SCG), you just start arrogantly thinking the entire AFL world revolves Sydney and completely forget there are interstate teams. My apologies to the Suns, their finals record is unblemished also.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Welllll technically the Suns have never lost a final either . I apologise in advance for my pettiness in responding to quite an amusing post.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Last time I went to Homebush, I got stabbed, mugged twice, and my car was firebombed. Some say I was lucky.
    You're winning me over, Barry.

Regular in the Side
    I think Scott means that not everybody lives at Lidcome or between Homebush and the city. I know I have quite a daunting trek home if we have a night game.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    There's no next leg Scott. The train takes you directly to the ground for busy events like this, or a quick change at Lidcombe when it's a smaller event.
    I was thinking on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I think Scott means that not everybody lives at Lidcome or between Homebush and the city. I know I have quite a daunting trek home if we have a night game.
    Yep

Senior Player
    Possibly what he means is that when you get off the train at Homebush you have to walk past that railway announcer who pretty much hasn't shut up since the 2003 Prelim against Brisbane. No wonder the crowds at Spotless are so average, their fans have to walk past her eight times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast