Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Despite McGlynn kicking 5 goals, I don't know if I support him being selected against GWS. From memory, GWS seem to rile him up quite easily and I think McGlynn is mentally weak and can't control his emotions. It's all well and good to belt Richmond, but let's see him do it against some quality opposition.
    It wasn't about Richmond. I can't remember Benny kicking the ball so well. One of his goals was a great left foot snap. His field kicking was spot on. I had my doubts about Benny too, but that game was the best he's played in 2 years and can't be ignored.

Talking about snap goals, I really liked the pair from Hewett: One on the right and then the other on the left. Neither were gimmes yet split the goal posts despite being at considerable angles. The average player doesn't make those shots.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think Benny may have grabbed a spot in the team for the finals. If he was to continue his form and goal kicking of Saturday he would be a great addition. I am already feeling for Teddy, Laids, NK and Towers, who might end up being super, super disappointed. Who goes out for Mills? I would have said Marsh but Ugg makes a good point re him versus Harry C.

Who can be depended on to perform under finals pressure is the big question!! Papley is confident and tough but still pretty erratic, XR like Cunningham didn't do a lot on Saturday, but with Buddy rampaging, XR may have played his role quite well. Aliir can be found out a bit defending v. a player on the lead. However Teddy and Laids are not AFL fit and Benny and KT have shown that it can take a couple of games to pick up the tempo after being out for a few games. NK will only get a gig if NS is not available so that leaves Towers. I think he offers more than Harry C. if Marsh is left out but I guess team balance will probably dictate who gets the nod.

Senior Player

Crayfish has to be on peanuts, so do we pass around the hat!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    With the generous limit of 10 tickets per membership, there doesn't seem to be an expectation that tickets will be in high demand from non-members.
    Looks like they are already panicking with the Swans offloading tickets via their reseller (and sponsor) Viagogo before they have even gone on sale to the public.

Sydney Swans vs Greater Western Sydney - First Qualifying Final AFL 2016 ANZ Stadium (Stadium Australia) Sydney Tickets | Sat 10 Sep 2016 - viagogo

Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    Looks like they are already panicking with the Swans offloading tickets via their reseller (and sponsor) Viagogo before they have even gone on sale to the public.

Sydney Swans vs Greater Western Sydney - First Qualifying Final AFL 2016 ANZ Stadium (Stadium Australia) Sydney Tickets | Sat 10 Sep 2016 - viagogo
    Is it the Swans or ANZ Stadium members? There is a large premium on the price of a lot of the tickets.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I think Benny may have grabbed a spot in the team for the finals. If he was to continue his form and goal kicking of Saturday he would be a great addition. I am already feeling for Teddy, Laids, NK and Towers, who might end up being super, super disappointed. Who goes out for Mills? I would have said Marsh but Ugg makes a good point re him versus Harry C.

Who can be depended on to perform under finals pressure is the big question!! Papley is confident and tough but still pretty erratic, XR like Cunningham didn't do a lot on Saturday, but with Buddy rampaging, XR may have played his role quite well. Aliir can be found out a bit defending v. a player on the lead. However Teddy and Laids are not AFL fit and Benny and KT have shown that it can take a couple of games to pick up the tempo after being out for a few games. NK will only get a gig if NS is not available so that leaves Towers. I think he offers more than Harry C. if Marsh is left out but I guess team balance will probably dictate who gets the nod.
    NK - is that a typo for BJ? I assume you don't mean Nan Kervis, although (s)he'd go well up against Mummy!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I think Scott means that not everybody lives at Lidcome or between Homebush and the city. I know I have quite a daunting trek home if we have a night game.
    They do run trains directly to Central after the game, and the special event bus routes cover most of the city. If they're not running I do agree that it's a drag but I'm sure they will be for this.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Crayfish has to be on peanuts, so do we pass around the hat!
    Buddy can lend him the money .

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Mmm, its on on Saturday arvo AND on Sunday evening according to this:
    Finals fixture: Eagles, Dogs kick it off on Thursday night - AFL.com.au

Sunday September 10, 7.10pm at ANZ Stadium
    First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

and
    Minor premiers, the Sydney Swans, renew hostilities against cross-town rival Greater Western Sydney in the first qualifying final at ANZ Stadium on Saturday, September 10 at 3.20pm EST.
    I have to admit to doing a heart wrenching double take when I read - a quick refresh of the app and "magically" the dates/times were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    NK - is that a typo for BJ? I assume you don't mean Nan Kervis, although (s)he'd go well up against Mummy!
    I thought NK was for Nicole Kidman. It makes more sense now. I can see Nicole as a small forward, but not as a ruckwoman.

Senior Player
    For 49, she actually moves quite well. Though apparently she only wants to play NEAFL. She met Tom D in the Qatar Airways First Class lounge recently and he told her
    the AFL was "too Hollywood" and the cutting edge avant garde footy was played in the twos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I thought NK was for Nicole Kidman. It makes more sense now. I can see Nicole as a small forward, but not as a ruckwoman.

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast