Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Well a dream week one match up confirmed but not at the preferred venue for the majority of Swans' fans.

Now as true supporters, it's our job to get to ANZ and make it a red and white home ground fortress for one match only. No whinging, no complaining lets all get there, be loud and put our little brothers in their place.

Bring it on! Go Swans!!
    Swannies for life!

I wonder what the hold up is. Normally we would have known the finals schedule by now, so I don't understand why is AFL still waiting with releasing it

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I wonder what the hold up is. Normally we would have known the finals schedule by now, so I don't understand why is AFL still waiting with releasing it
    They said on Fox Footy, expecting an announcement at 9:30pm but agree it does seem late. Probably just checking if Hawthorn approve of the fixture.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    They said on Fox Footy, expecting an announcement at 9:30pm but agree it does seem late. Probably just checking if Hawthorn approve of the fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Probably ensuring Schmitt and Stevic can make it along for the Hawks - Geelong game.

Looking forward to the finals - we are every chance if things fall our way.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    An ANZ final actually enables my attendance; I couldn't have made it up from Canberra for the mooted Thursday night game at the SCG.

Incidentally, if both Swans and Hawthorn win their qualifying finals, we'll likely have another Swans-Cats prelim at the SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    An ANZ final actually enables my attendance; I couldn't have made it up from Canberra for the mooted Thursday night game at the SCG.

Incidentally, if both Swans and Hawthorn win their qualifying finals, we'll likely have another Swans-Cats prelim at the SCG.
    They haven't ruled out a Thursday night final at ANZ yet - though it seems unlikely. If its Thursday I can't make it up from Canberra either - so fingers crossed its Saturday arvo as they suggest, which would be great.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Sure it is a minor pain to get out to ANZ - but surely it is worth it for the value to the game that a derby week one brings? Plus there is now guaranteed footy in Sydney for the next three weeks.

I'll be there with bells on. Hope we get 60,000. Anyone who lives in Sydney and won't travel to ANZ to watch their Minor Premier Swans play in week one of the finals is not a true fan.

Long Term Injury List
    Interesting that of the Top Four teams only Hawthorn actually has a home ground advantage and they are playing an away game!! # FreekickHawthorn

That's it isn't it - hawthorn get home ground advantage we don't - stupid! Still we'll be out there with bells on - ANZ better get that surface in shape and remove all protruding bolts!

Ahhh safetyboy, until you're a tiny female who has to venture out to homebush by them self if they want to see the final, don't go judging people's state of fan ness...

I won't be going by myself. I've been a member of the club for well over a decade..but travelling to Homebush via train is uncomfortably awful if you are a sole female ...sorry, it just is......

If I can find somebody to accompany me, I will go...if not, I have two memberships if anybody wants to use them...

But if the final was at the SCG, I would go alone with no problems...

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have never had a Swans v Cats "Prelim" at the SCG. It was a semi final (week 2) game in 2005.

Nevertheless, I'd take the same result if it happens (except for the heart attack and bruised cat).

Papley instead of ND, perhaps?

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast