Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 1: Sydney Swans Reserves v Aspley Hornets @ Blacktown

Warming the Bench
    DerickX is "as useless as a man's t*t".

Veterans List
    Why do players spin the footy in their hands numerous times when setting up for a set shot. Leonardis spent his whole lead up spinning the ball and misses, Bell the first gamer walks in with the ball stationary in his hands and nails it. Goodes did all the time and was really low in set shot efficiency. Missed so many sitters.

Plugger and Dunstall got the ball in their hands and didn't move the ball and were sensational set shots. Leonardis did a spin just be fore he dropped the ball to the foot. He can't have full and correct line and balance as the hands are moving when he drops the footy ala Sam Reid.

By the way Bell looks ok as does Brown.

Veterans List
    Would be a pity to loose Nankervis. He is a cut above the rest. One set shot was a shocker. He just looks a genuine emerging ruckman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    DerickX is "as useless as a man's t*t".
    Slow as a wet week.

Veterans List
    This is the first reserves game I have seen live. As much as Brandon Jack gets the footy his foot skills just haven't improved. Seems to read the play ok but ordinary disposal. I don't know what regular 2's observers think but from what I see his spot on the main list looks tenuous. If they need to make way for someone then he could be it depending on his contract status. Robinson seems to have come back ok although appears to be playing very outside. Jones looks up and about which is great insurance for the finals.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    HT @swansreserves 7.9 (51) @AspleyFC 2.6 (18) Goals: Nankervis 2 Murray Bell Towers Laidler Rose Aspley: Nelis Hutchinson @neaflofficial

Opti-pessi-misti
    Can't see Teddy or Laidler for that matter getting a recall anytime soon! The commentator referred to Jones as a wrecking ball - it was fun to see him giving everyone in sight a bump or two. Towers was good in the 1st quarter. Rose has been a bit disappointing for me.

When Robbo out rucks Tom D, its not a good sign for Tom D - especially when Tom can't keep his feet & is described by the commentators as "giraffe legs"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Derickx injured again...

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Derickx injured again...
    Blood rule wasn't it? Wanted to take the kick

The forwards seem to be playing from behind a lot, with the ball dropping short a lot. Far more effective having shots on the run from 30-45m (except for the inaccuracy)

- - - Updated - - -

I love how optimistic the commentators are that Aspley might come back

I love that Aspley is coached by former South Melbourne player John Blair

Healthy collection of Team One here - Parker Naismith Mills Reid Allir Marsh Hewitt Papley

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast