Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final 1: Sydney Swans Reserves v Aspley Hornets @ Blacktown

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    This is the first reserves game I have seen live. As much as Brandon Jack gets the footy his foot skills just haven't improved. Seems to read the play ok but ordinary disposal. I don't know what regular 2's observers think but from what I see his spot on the main list looks tenuous. If they need to make way for someone then he could be it depending on his contract status. Robinson seems to have come back ok although appears to be playing very outside. Jones looks up and about which is great insurance for the finals.
    Agree about BJ. He continues to waste his possessions. He has another year on his contract, so he'll get another chance, perhaps his last, to make a run at a senior spot.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    When Robbo out rucks Tom D, its not a good sign for Tom D - especially when Tom can't keep his feet & is described by the commentators as "giraffe legs"
    Tom likes to work on his knees at ground level. I think he has a future in archaeology.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Can't see Teddy or Laidler for that matter getting a recall anytime soon! The commentator referred to Jones as a wrecking ball - it was fun to see him giving everyone in sight a bump or two. Towers was good in the 1st quarter. Rose has been a bit disappointing for me.
    Rose's problem is he lacks confidence kicking for goal, the reason he didn't keep his place in the 1's. He was 20 out with a set shot and preferred to kick around the corner and missed by a mile. Couple of snaps well wide of the big sticks.

Senior Player
    Where will next weeks reserves grand final be played?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Blood rule wasn't it? Wanted to take the kick
    Looked concussed to me although quite funny he had a go at some Aspley supporters while coming off

Plus Rohan and Mitchell

Veterans List
    Final scores courtesy BF, Swans 15.23 (113) to Aspley 4.7 (31)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Plus Rohan and Mitchell
    That would be the Mitchell that wants to leave after the flag?

Great to hear so many senior players supporting the reserves.

Good first game back from Zak Jones. I think he's a serious shot to regain his spot, but more likely to play next week in the ressies GF. He has that finals hardness and competitiveness you like to see.

Rose has a bag of tricks. He's an elusive player and quite unpredictable, sometimes it works to his benefit and other times not. He runs hard and plays 2-way footy. I like his chances of winning a spot in our senior side in the next couple of years. I much prefer him to Towers, who I see as a near definite trade this year.

I was impressed again with Jake Brown, who looks a classy player. I think he has a bright future. Is quite and skillful and a good decision maker for someone so young. He may get bid on and could be on our senior list next season.

James Bell looks a good prospect for the 2017 draft. Perhaps we will see a good deal of him as a top up next year.

We always seem to get a midfielder or 2 from the academy or the rookie draft. Even if we lose Mitchell and Towers, we still have so much quality depth in the side that we can safely use our first 2 draft picks for KPPS this year.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Where will next weeks reserves grand final be played?
    If it's GWS apparently the NEAFL are very keen for Saturday 11 am at Spotless. The Showgrounds operators less keen in anticipation of a AFL SF the following week. Otherwise will be Blacktown Sunday

Best Players: J. Laidler, T. Nankervis, N. Newman, T. Richards, D. Towers, B. Jack

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    DerickX face plants. Taken off for head reconstruction?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    DerickX face plants. Taken off for head reconstruction?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    Or just cosmetic surgery?

Giants smashed Uni by 87 points. It's going to be a great match next week, especially with no player restrictions. Giants probably have the better team on paper but the Swans have played very well as a unit all year

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast