Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ANZ Stadium rears its ugly head.

ANZ Stadium rears its ugly head.

It's been reported that the Swans will have to host their home final/finals at ANZ....How very disappointing.

Only a few months ago the AFL were suggesting that only a final between Swans and GWS would potentially be moved there.

I assume this is a contact issue....Or is it more punishment for the over achieving Swans.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I thought ANZ had been permanently refigured to a rectangle so AFL was no longer an option there ....
    Bugger.

The grand old lady of australian sporting stadia. The jewel in the crown .....

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Old? opened in 1999 - I've got work pants older than that!

It was said at the start when the move back to the SCG was announced. Home games at the SCG - finals at ANZ unless the NRL have it booked for one of their finals (which this year is unlikely due to the number of interstate teams in the 8) and that, I think, ends next year. It's a bummer - but I guess something had to give in negotiations to get the three games back to the SCG this year. The only Sydney teams in the 8 in the NRL are Cronulla, Canterbury & Penrith.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    More like the Nikki Webster of Australian sporting stadia.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    It was said at the start when the move back to the SCG was announced. Home games at the SCG - finals at ANZ unless the NRL have it booked for one of their finals (which this year is unlikely due to the number of interstate teams in the 8) and that, I think, ends next year. It's a bummer - but I guess something had to give in negotiations to get the three games back to the SCG this year. The only Sydney teams in the 8 in the NRL are Cronulla, Canterbury & Penrith.
    I wouldn't mind ANZ for finals if they could fill it, but because of the AFL's outrageous pricing that is unlikely. Even vs Collingwood in 2012 we were stills good way off.

Senior Player
    Oh, come on..... the scene of the 2012 Prelim with the snapping of the eleven game losing streak to Collingwood, and Lewis Jetta's finest hour with his 90m three bounce goal. Memories, great times....

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Old? opened in 1999 - I've got work pants older than that!
    Hmm, perhaps I should now consider the twenty year old tracky daks, that I'm wearing now while eating breakfast, as "grand".

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmm, perhaps I should now consider the twenty year old tracky daks, that I'm wearing now while eating breakfast, as "grand".
    20? Impressive! My girlfriend hates that I still wear my 25-26yo red school trackies! But they're comfy, they're durable & they still fit! ????

Senior Player
    Nothing says "home ground advantage" like a ground you haven't played on all year

Location and atmosphere aside, the worst thing about this ground is how ridiculously small the playing area is. Comfortably the smallest ground in the competition - only marginally wider that Kardinia Park, yet 10m shorter.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast