Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Sledging Swans?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    It's our Grand Final because I reckon if we lose this it's almost season over for us. Win and I'm confident we go all the way. Giants are the only ones that seriously challenged us.
    I also disagree with this.

Barring injuries, the extra game (probably Adelaide at the SCG), followed by a prelim at the MCG(Hawks or Cats), would be far better preparation for a GF,

than 2 games in Sydney over a 5 week period.

Having said that, I'll happily enjoy and hope for a solid victory this week. But I don't think it's a fait accompli if we loose, and could actually be a blessing.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    I don't understand all the worry. We are going to have a relatively stress free finals campaign, winning the next three games with 15 to 35 point margins. We will be challenged at times but will ultimately run out comfortable winners and premiers.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    LOVE YOUR WORK K.T.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I don't understand all the worry. We are going to have a relatively stress free finals campaign, winning the next three games with 15 to 35 point margins. We will be challenged at times but will ultimately run out comfortable winners and premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I want what you're having!

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I also disagree with this.

Barring injuries, the extra game (probably Adelaide at the SCG), followed by a prelim at the MCG(Hawks or Cats), would be far better preparation for a GF,

than 2 games in Sydney over a 5 week period.

Having said that, I'll happily enjoy and hope for a solid victory this week. But I don't think it's a fait accompli if we loose, and could actually be a blessing.
    I'd be very surprised if we get no injuries in this game. I agree that losing this week may be a blessing in disguise - it would also consolidate my daughter's grip on watching every game where the Swans lose to the Giants.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Meh, I'll stick to my statement. Giants are our main threat. Get through them and I think we'll go all the way.

Adelaide and West Coast aren't threats away from home. Bulldogs got lucky and plagued with injuries. North don't worry me at all if they play outside of Tasmania; got us last year, but we were limping into finals with half our team missing.

We seem to have the edge over Geelong for some reason. Hawks are a worry, but I think they can't ride their luck with the umps forever. I genuinely think there's something suspicious going on with the umps at Hawthorn and AFL will take steps to stifle this stink, which will muck up their dominance.

In terms of threat and where we stand on the ladder, I would rank them like this:
    1) Giants
    2) Hawks
    3) Adelaide
    4) Geelong
    5) Bulldogs
    6) Kangaroos
    7) West Coast

Swans fans tend to be conservative in their predictions I've noticed. Probably due to decades of losing and being quite humble. I find this humbleness fairly admirable, but it gets irritating after a while.

Though, I have a place in my heart for negativity, as Hawthorn forever angered and humbled me in 2014. God that still haunts me. I need redemption for my sanity and white-hot hatred of Hawthorn. Almost legitimately needed therapy.
    Last edited by bloodsbigot; 8th September 2016 at 01:05 AM.

Meh, I'll stick to my statement. Giants are our main threat. Get through them and I think we'll go all the way.

Adelaide and West Coast aren't threats away from home. Bulldogs got lucky and plagued with injuries. North don't worry me at all if they play outside of Tasmania; got us last year, but we were limping into finals with half our team missing.

We seem to have the edge over Geelong for some reason. Hawks are a worry, but I think they can't ride their luck with the umps forever. I genuinely think there's something suspicious going on with the umps at Hawthorn and AFL will take steps to stifle this stink, which will muck up their dominance.

In terms of threat and where we stand on the ladder, I would rank them like this:
    1) Giants
    2) Hawks
    3) Adelaide
    4) Geelong
    5) Bulldogs
    6) Kangaroos
    7) West Coast

Swans fans tend to be conservative in their predictions I've noticed. Probably due to decades of losing and being quite humble. I find this humbleness fairly admirable, but it gets irritating after a while.

Though, I have a place in my heart for negativity, as Hawthorn forever angered and humbled me in 2014. God that still haunts me. I need redemption for my sanity and white-hot hatred of Hawthorn. Almost legitimately needed therapy.
    Yes, I'm sort of hoping that we get to play Hawthorn at some stage during the finals. Just so we can drive some dirty great stakes through the hearts of the undead ones.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    I would rather have players put the opposition off their game by sledging them than belting them.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Some reasons why you would see conservative expectations from Swans fans:
    (1) Half a century of not winning a single final.
    (2) 98 years since we finished on top of the ladder and won the premiership in the same year (the five times since 1918 when we finished on top, we made the Grand Final but lost it: 1935, 1936, 1945, 1996 and 2014)

More recently, the 2014 Grand Final is still a source of pain (for me, anyway), and GWS are the only side that has beaten the Swans by a large margin this year.

We have learnt many years ago not to get overconfident - especially this year with the finals being so even.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Some reasons why you would see conservative expectations from Swans fans:
    (1) Half a century of not winning a single final.
    (2) 98 years since we finished on top of the ladder and won the premiership in the same year (the five times since 1918 when we finished on top, we made the Grand Final but lost it: 1935, 1936, 1945, 1996 and 2014)

More recently, the 2014 Grand Final is still a source of pain (for me, anyway), and GWS are the only side that has beaten the Swans by a large margin this year.

We have learnt many years ago not to get overconfident - especially this year with the finals being so even.
    I know that, but it'd be a welcome change to see an overconfident wacko come along. We're supposed to be supporters right?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123