Page 103 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 2341

Thread: 2016 trading and drafting (merged thread)

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    I don't know much about the draft. But I think what Gold Coast will do will be interesting and affect what players will be available for us.

I can see
    1# Essendon - Mccluggage
    2# GWS - McGrath
    3# Brisbane - Petrevski Seton (apparently a fan so maybe less go home risk)
    4# Gold Coast - Bowes
    5# Carlton - one of Ainsworth, Brodie, Tarranto
    6# Gold Coast - ?
    7# Fremantle - English (or maybe Petrevski Seton if available)
    8# Gold Coast - ?
    9# Sydney -?
    10# Gold Coast -?

I wonder if Gold Coast would take two of Ainsworth, Brodie, Tarranto, who were generally rated as top 7.

Or because they have got four top 10 picks, instead take players of different positions eg Marshall full forward, Logue as defender, scrimshaw as half back, florent as a different type of midfielder.

Or possibly be weighing up other factors like go home likelihood or leadership qualities.
    GCS is in the best position ever. If the top 3 clubs dont nominate Bowes then GCS can keep sliding him down until nominated or pick 10. GCS can select the best player available without losing Bowes due to discount and them maybe Sheer later.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I think Griffin Logue at pick 9 is ideal. I'd go for the best available outside midfield player with pick 19.
    Absolutely. Logue will be a better version of Aliir. Imagine two of them? Fortunately there are plenty of outsiders this draft so use pick 19 for that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If Towers and X both stay, there are just 5 senior spots to fill of which two are already committed to Papley and Newman. Marsh is also seen by the coaches as being of senior quality (not necessarily best 22) so might be elevated. Another one or two could yet get chopped from the senior list.

The senior list could be extended to 39 or 40 but I'd be surprised if that happened. The club has run with just 38 for many seasons now.
    Who would be in the cross-hairs Liz?

Griffin Logue – AFL Draft Central

- - - Updated - - -

https://afldraftcentral.com.au/player/griffin-logue/
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Hope we don't do something silly with pick 9 like draft Shai Bolton or Todd Marshall
    +1

Really don't want a project player like Marshall at pick 9. Could handle if we got Bolton at 19 but not 9. Really want Logue but usually when I really want us to pick a player we go with someone else so not getting my hopes up! Should also get a good prospect with pick 9 with many good midfield options previously mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Daniel Venables looks a likely Swan midfielder

same with Sam Powell Pepper or Jack Graham

Tony Olango v WA (2016 Under 18 Championships) - YouTube

Tony Olango does look very promising as a FF given how light he is for height but he is also seriously mobile !!!

late pick 49 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Daniel Venables looks a likely Swan midfielder

same with Sam Powell Pepper or Jack Graham
    It would be romantic to have a Jack Graham at the Swans again.

What I like about many of our KPPs is that they can play both forward and back. Reid started as a defender, AJ as a forward. I think Aliir can easily switch to forward and would be great as a forward-2nd ruckman. Davis has played just about everywhere in his first 2 years. Logue would be another one in this class. Only Talia would be a permanent defender. We would be very flexible with the others. I think it's part of our development program to try players in different roles and it's been very successful.

As for the player movements, as noted, we now have 5 primary list players out. I think we need to get to 7 if we want to use our 4 picks under 50. With the salary cap squeeze it will be hard to expand the list beyond 38, except perhaps to match a bid for Jake Brown. We may need to leave a 39th spot open in case someone bids on Brown and we are forced to take him onto our main list (unless there's some rule that I don't know about that allows us to rookie list him if he is bid after such and such pick number). I think Hiscox has to go and probably Richards will be delisted, since he was the one to ask for a trade. We might offer to rookie list him if he is not signed as a DFA. I would imagine that Towers will sign for another year unless he has offers from other clubs. No great loss if either goes. I don't think Marsh can be upgraded because we need to use the 3rd rookie elevation for Foote who has to be upgraded if we keep Melican. Anyway, I think Foote is a more likely long term prospect than Marsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Tony Olango v WA (2016 Under 18 Championships) - YouTube

Tony Olango does look very promising as a FF given how light he is for height but he is also seriously mobile !!!

late pick 49 ?
    Also seemed to win plenty of the ruck contests pretty easily. Something that would only improve under the guidance of 'ruck whisperer' Taubert.

Hawthorn Cheating Again!!

This trade which facilitated the JOM trade was clearly orchestrated by the AFL. Take a look at this trade below:

CARL
    Carlton receives third-round selection (No.48 at time of trade) and two fourth-round selections (No.66 and No.70 at time of trade)
    From Hawthorn

HAW
    Hawthorn receives 2017 second-round selection
    From Carlton

Carlton recruited 4 players and only lost Tuohy. They are sitting with picks 5 and 25. There are loads of uncontracted players available for signing that would be better prospects than a pick 48. So why on Earth would Carlton trade their 2017 2nd round pick, probably one in the low 20s, for a useless bunch of late picks? Let's see if Carlton get some favours next year. Watch this space.

Add this to the Vickery trade manipulation and you have one of the worst trade frauds in recent memory. The AFL gave JOM to Hawthorn for pick 10.

Why didn't the AFL see fit to hand us an early 2017 2nd round pick to bring the Tom Mitchell trade up to fair value?

Well, you can answer that one yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Hawthorn Cheating Again!!

This trade which facilitated the JOM trade was clearly orchestrated by the AFL. Take a look at this trade below:

Carlton recruited 4 players and only lost Tuohy. They are sitting with picks 5 and 25. There are loads of uncontracted players available for signing that would be better prospects than a pick 48. So why on Earth would Carlton trade their 2017 2nd round pick, probably one in the low 20s, for a useless bunch of late picks? Let's see if Carlton get some favours next year. Watch this space.

Add this to the Vickery trade manipulation and you have one of the worst trade frauds in recent memory. The AFL gave JOM to Hawthorn for pick 10.

Why didn't the AFL see fit to hand us an early 2017 2nd round pick to bring the Tom Mitchell trade up to fair value?

Well, you can answer that one yourselves.
    This is a clear draft manipulation.

Even is the spuds at Carlton finish 12th next year they have given up pick 24 in a stronger draft for picks 48, 66 and 70.

They have traded a pick worth 785 points using the afl formula we get penalized with and got 421 points in value. When they held all the cards in the deal.

I don't think SOS is that stupid to make the dumbest trade in history.

FFS they didn't even try and make it legit by throwing in a player.

Get on twitter and get on Big Footy and get agitating because this should be a story. Carlton fans should be outraged.

Do Hawthorn and the AFL really think we are all this stupid?

Carlton have effectively funded this trade but they'll get a backhander some way to compensate.

Gold Coast have done well to hold out, much better than the pick 48 hawthorn peddled to them so no dramas from their perspective.

One can only imagine the squealing if we had constructed this sort of deal with the Lions.

Corrupt and rotten to its core is the AFL
    Last edited by Mug Punter; 21st October 2016 at 12:49 AM.