Page 195 of 196 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196 LastLast
Results 2,329 to 2,340 of 2341

Thread: 2016 trading and drafting (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great pics of Parker! I wonder when he started dying his hair?

I saw that breakdown of our team's profile too. I think it both confirms why GWS should be favourites for the next flag but also bodes very well for our future. We've managed to renew our list on the run without dropping a whit. Outstanding work by the club and the coaching staff! I was wondering who the third player 30+ was - Buddy! Already. He's still got another 6 seasons. Anyway, not complaining. We're lucky to have him and his price looks more reasonable with each passing year.

Just to add something in a different direction, possibly closer to the thread topic: some great names in this year's drafts. I think better than Esava Ratugolea, better even than Toby Pink, is Quinton Narkle. A coruscating name, although not necessarily one I'd volunteer for. Geelong are taking on Collingwood's Broomhead and Sidebottom might. Perhaps still not as good as my all time favourite, which, even though I don't take any interest in NRL, is an NRL player's name: Fuifui Moimoi. Brilliant!
    Yes, I just hope that Dennis Cometti is sitting at home, thinking, 'Quinton Narkle! I really want to call that name. Maybe I should make a comeback?'
    And it does seem appropriate to me, that Pink is playing in red and white.
    Though, if you really want bizarre names, then you can't go past the NFL. Marquis Pouncey, Elvis Dumerville and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix; to name but a few.

NSW/ACT players perform at NAB National Draft Combine - AFL NSW / ACT

Beep Test Results
    Isaac Cumming � Level 14
    Harry Perryman � Level 14
    Sam Fisher- Level 13
    Ryan Garthwaite � Level 13
    Zach Sproule � Level 13
    Max Lynch � Level 13

Best 20m Sprint results
    Isaac Cumming � 2.96s
    Ryan Garthwaite � 3.04s
    Harry Perryman � 3.13s
    Sam Fisher � 3.14s
    Zach Sproule � 3.18
    Kobe Mutch � 3.19
    Max Lynch � 3.24
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I was wondering with Jonathon Marsh (ex Magpie, 194cm defender, brother of Harry Marsh) retiring for 2017 season i wonder if he is a player we are looking at for 2018 ?

Jonathon Marsh - collingwoodfc.com.au

17 days to the draft: Meet gun prospect Jonathon Marsh - AFL.com.au

2.78 seconds for 20m sprint
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

He retired because he was homesick? Moved back to WA signed with a WAFL club after not getting traded doubt he would move to Sydney even if Harry is here. What if we delist Harry next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I just hope that Dennis Cometti is sitting at home, thinking, 'Quinton Narkle! I really want to call that name. Maybe I should make a comeback?'
    And it does seem appropriate to me, that Pink is playing in red and white.
    Though, if you really want bizarre names, then you can't go past the NFL. Marquis Pouncey, Elvis Dumerville and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix; to name but a few.
    These are brilliant and I've never heard of any of them. Love Marquis Pouncey especially. According to Dane Swan, a baseball first baseman's coach for the Royals was called Rusty Kuntz. Dane thought that was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    What about Parker when he was drafted...
    Attachment 1733Attachment 1734
    Parks bought his guns on special at the after-xmas sale at DJs the year before last.
    (His girlfriend asked me to stop mentioning them, as she had to live with his big head. They're lovely people!!)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

There's a highly rated Parkeresque player in next year's draft pool: James Worpel.

Yes Annie. This guy is a 17 year old.

James Worpel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    These are brilliant and I've never heard of any of them. Love Marquis Pouncey especially. According to Dane Swan, a baseball first baseman's coach for the Royals was called Rusty Kuntz. Dane thought that was pretty good.
    I want to add something, but I keep on self-censoring.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I want to add something, but I keep on self-censoring.
    Well done, that man.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Knowing I was a Swans supporter, at a Xmas soiree on the weekend (where we were of course drinking red and white) a keen North Adelaide supporter who attends a lot of their games including U18s, told me that Will Hayward was the most talented player he had seen in a long time, said he was gifted and did special things on the field with regularity.

Made me feel a whole lot better about his drafting, needs time of course but should add X factor to the forward line, in place of Heeney!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Knowing I was a Swans supporter, at a Xmas soiree on the weekend (where we were of course drinking red and white) a keen North Adelaide supporter who attends a lot of their games including U18s, told me that Will Hayward was the most talented player he had seen in a long time, said he was gifted and did special things on the field with regularity.

Made me feel a whole lot better about his drafting, needs time of course but should add X factor to the forward line, in place of Heeney!
    Or in place of X!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Kinnear Beatson contentedly reviews our 2016 draft haul three years on: Draft Revisited: 2016 - sydneyswans.com.au.