Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 trading and drafting (merged thread)

O'Meara to Swans?

So the word is out that he wants to come to us.

Two questions:
    1. True? Or Melbourne beat up?
    2. Would we want him?

My answers:
    1. I reckon it has merit. Like Buddy, he craves success. And you have to think he is thinking "I've had a few injuries, no protection at all from my current midfield. I need to find a tough (still young) midfield group, to ensure I dont get smashed around" Not really that different from how I'm sure Nat Fyfe is thinking (although he likes way too much glory to get out of the "bubble" and be anonymous in Sydney). Plus he would like the reduced pressure of having to come through at Sydney, and who wouldnt want to play alongside some of the stars we have today.
    2. I would. Especially if we lost Tom or Sam Reid. I see a hard working and tough player, already savaged by being a target in a weak and under-sized team. Should have been a No. 1 in the draft, and would fit in beautifully in a midfield that works as a team. If nothing else, pursuing him is not an option if Tom really is looking elsewhere, as he is a 200-300 player as it is - I think JO'M has more skill, Tom is more resilient.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HeeneyIsAGun View Post
    So the word is out that he wants to come to us.

Two questions:
    1. True? Or Melbourne beat up?
    2. Would we want him?

My answers:
    1. I reckon it has merit. Like Buddy, he craves success. And you have to think he is thinking "I've had a few injuries, no protection at all from my current midfield. I need to find a tough (still young) midfield group, to ensure I dont get smashed around" Not really that different from how I'm sure Nat Fyfe is thinking (although he likes way too much glory to get out of the "bubble" and be anonymous in Sydney). Plus he would like the reduced pressure of having to come through at Sydney, and who wouldnt want to play alongside some of the stars we have today.
    2. I would. Especially if we lost Tom or Sam Reid. I see a hard working and tough player, already savaged by being a target in a weak and under-sized team. Should have been a No. 1 in the draft, and would fit in beautifully in a midfield that works as a team. If nothing else, pursuing him is not an option if Tom really is looking elsewhere, as he is a 200-300 player as it is - I think JO'M has more skill, Tom is more resilient.

Thoughts?
    Hard to say he has hardly played

Any links ? Who is saying it ? I have heard it on here previously but I'm in Melbourne and I haven't heard it mentioned in the media really at all, and o consume a lot of this bull@@@@

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he wants to come and wants to drop his ego driven $700k a year tag, id love him here. exactly what we need classy quick outside midfielder ( yet to prove it) but his upside is massive

Veterans List
    Only place I've seen him linked to us is on Big Footy so it's not happening :-)

BTW, O'Meara is a gun, sublime skills and footy smarts.

On the veteran's list
    Brian Waldron mentioned it on SEN a couple of weeks ago. (From his "Northern Spy")
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Most ridiculously unlikely roomer I've seen here since someone posted here that Swans were making a play for Buddy Franklin. So, who know?

It's the silly season and I highly doubt that this one has legs but yes I would take him if he wanted to come to us. He's a quality player and, as long as he is over his injury, he'd be a classy addition to the squad.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Just wild about Harry
    If it ever happens then it will be a three-way deal between O'Meara, T.Mitchell and a Melbourne club.

Listen to the last Fox Footy podcast. Was mentioned there too.

Bloody hell imagine the uproar from clown prince Eddie down in Melbourne if we got O'Meara! There would be riots!

My first thought was, "no way is this gonna happen". But then I thought if Mitchell leaves, as seems increasingly likely, and with the likely retirements of Teddy and Benny we may well have the cap space. I would be very willing to part with Mitchell and Towers for JOM although I'm not sure if that'd be enough to get the deal done. Perhaps we could throw in one or more picks since I don't know that we are going to need that many picks with the list we have at the moment. It would be amazing, hilarious and exciting if we could get him. But I'll believe it when I see it. Will definitely have an incendiary effect on the rest of the comp. I wonder if that would put us off...

Page 1 of 196 123451151101 ... LastLast