Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two more years for Aliir Aliir

Blog Entries

Two more years for Aliir Aliir

Swans General Manager of Football Tom Harley says Aliir�s progress has been rewarded with the 21-year-old to remain in red and white until at least the end of the 2018 season
    Two more years for Aliir Aliir - sydneyswans.com.au

wonderful news all round !!!

hey awesome is the photo of AA and KJ on Facebook today !!!!

i love this club !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    It appears that he is regarded as an ongoing and potentially valuable component of our list moving forward. Great story and great news.

Senior Player
    His recent form has been noticed by the outside observers at the AFL site and he has made their team of the week for round 21 . In pretty good company with Callum , Luke and Lance also selected from the Swans the most from any team this week. Also recieved a big wrap from Anthony Hudson on AFL 360

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He's already made the AFL.com.au team of the week in Round 19 for his performance in the Freo game.

Veterans List
    Great news, a fab new cult hero!

Senior Player
    Saturday night was the first time I'd seen him play in person - has the Aliir-Aliir-Aliir chant (as in the Ole-Ole-Ole soccer chant) always been there?

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Great news, a fab new cult hero!
    Who has been our other 'cult' heroes in the past (not just the best players). Maybe Troy Luff?

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Saturday night was the first time I'd seen him play in person - has the Aliir-Aliir-Aliir chant (as in the Ole-Ole-Ole soccer chant) always been there?
    I love the way the Swans fans embraced him on Saturday night. My kids and I couldn't resist yelling his name every time he got the ball. I can't remember him making a wrong decision or a poor disposal all night so the crowd support got louder with each touch.

Such enormous potential and a clear demonstration/manifestation of our recruiting/development prowess.

So rapid has his emergence been as a crucial player, that I would go so far as to say that he must be one of the first picked each week. Only injury would see him out of the team. Let's hope his current form holds.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I love the way the Swans fans embraced him on Saturday night. My kids and I couldn't resist yelling his name every time he got the ball. I can't remember him making a wrong decision or a poor disposal all night so the crowd support got louder with each touch.

Such enormous potential and a clear demonstration/manifestation of our recruiting/development prowess.

So rapid has his emergence been as a crucial player, that I would go so far as to say that he must be one of the first picked each week. Only injury would see him out of the team. Let's hope his current form holds.
    It has got a good ring chant about it.. Allir Allir !!!! Great News and he looks the real deal. Gave him a big wrap on Foxtel's 360 footy program last night.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    It has got a good ring chant about it.. Allir Allir !!!! Great News and he looks the real deal. Gave him a big wrap on Foxtel's 360 footy program last night.
    And deservedly so. He has been a real revelation and exceeded my expectations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Who has been our other 'cult' heroes in the past (not just the best players). Maybe Troy Luff?
    LRT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast