Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Giants @ Blacktown Sunday 11th Sept 1.30pm

Well done ressies.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    As much as I'd love Zac out there on Saturday, I hope they don't play him. Being knocked out cold like that isn't something you just get over the next day.
    I'm sure our medical staff will do the right thing by him.
    Given the number of past players who have severe cognitive deficits as a result of multiple head injuries (or even Ted calling time on his career, in part contributed to by concussion) there is a medico-legal obligation

Pushing for Selection
    That correct NITV are replaying the NEAFL GF - unsure of the time.
    Last edited by WolfGang; 12th September 2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    NITV channel replays some NEAFL games on Tuesday nights at 9:30pm. Maybe this Tuesday it will be the GF. Not sure.
    Game is on NITV at 9:30pm Tues on channel 34

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    ClearancesJack 6Jones 5Foote 4Dawson 3Newman 3Cunningham 2Derickx 2Leonardis 2Melican 2Robinson 2Davis 1Towers 1Wilson 1Palmer 12Lloyd 7Barrett 6Reid 5Finlayson 4M.Kennedy 4Downie 2A.Kennedy 2Fisher 1Flynn 1Himmelberg 1Owen-Auburn 1Stewart 1Total Swans 34 Giants 47

Sydney Swans NEAFL 2016 season stats

MRP gave Finlayson 4 weeks, down to 3 with early plea for his hit on Zak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    But at the same time GWS also needs to stop being so bloody entitled whilst they do stuff all developing the game in Western Sydney which surely was part of their core mandate. OK, I know it was all about TV money but surely they should be able to think about developing one single kid from their Sydney zone that can make the U16 extended squad. Is one player out of 40 in the biggest and fastest growing urban area of Australia too much to expect?
    Look, I'm going to come right out and say it... Homebush IS NOT WESTERN SYDNEY in any way, shape or form.
    It is the inner west... it's always been the inner west, and will always be the inner west. I know, I was brought up and still live in the area.
    Moving them from Blacktown to Homebush really does preclude everyone living west of Parramatta. If they can't be bothered going to Blacktown, what makes the AFL think they can be bothered going to Homebush.
    I reckon they should move back into the western heartland and make the "inroads" they were gushing on about five years ago.
    All they've done is taken a few "not so passionate" swans supporters (I mean, really, how can you change the team you barrack for), and a few Melbourne ex-pats who don't want to part with too much money to watch AFL (their reasoning being any AFL is better than no AFL).
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Actually, by definition homebush/olympic park is in the greater western sydney area.... just

Pleased to see Melican make the best list on this important occasion. I feel like there's been little news of him since we signed him with such great hope. I know he's still young and was only ever a project players, still it's nice to get a sense progress is happening.

On another note, how good was the food situation at BISP!!! Not only did they have tasty (even trendy) food but it was amazingly reasonably priced. I got my pulled pork and slaw roll (with option to add salad and sauces myself) AND a sausage roll for my son AND still got change from $10!!! Plus you could get food and drink from the same place and the lines, even on this grand final day, were tame compared to SCG. This definitely makes me more inclined to get out there to see some more ressies matches next year - although it is a pain to have to go so far.

Agree it was great to be able to go out on to the field at all the breaks and listen to Shaw giving instructions to the team next to the senior team who were also there watching and listening. (Rampe, may I say, was looking particularly resplendent and not grungy/unkempt as he sometimes does.)

I, too, was impressed by the number and organization of the Giants fans. I wanted to do a bit of a vox pop and ask how the fans came to be following the Giants - were they new to AFL or what. I wound up only asking one couple. They turned out to be woman who had defected from the Swans and her partner who originally more into league but had shifted to AFL because that's what she was into.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Actually, by definition homebush/olympic park is in the greater western sydney area.... just

The far eastern end of it.
    Is there an emoticon for rolling eyes?
    I'm going to get dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The far eastern end of it.
    Is there an emoticon for rolling eyes?
    I'm going to get dizzy.
    So?.the SCG is in the far east of the rest sydney .

You were wrong . Own it.