Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Giants @ Blacktown Sunday 11th Sept 1.30pm

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Agree it was great to be able to go out on to the field at all the breaks and listen to Shaw giving instructions to the team next to the senior team who were also there watching and listening. (Rampe, may I say, was looking particularly resplendent and not grungy/unkempt as he sometimes does.).
    Just out of interest - can anyone tell me if Michael Talia was out at BISP supporting the Swans Reserves?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The far eastern end of it.
    Is there an emoticon for rolling eyes?
    I'm going to get dizzy.

ie :roll eyes: without the space

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Pleased to see Melican make the best list on this important occasion. I feel like there's been little news of him since we signed him with such great hope. I know he's still young and was only ever a project players, still it's nice to get a sense progress is happening.

On another note, how good was the food situation at BISP!!! Not only did they have tasty (even trendy) food but it was amazingly reasonably priced. I got my pulled pork and slaw roll (with option to add salad and sauces myself) AND a sausage roll for my son AND still got change from $10!!! Plus you could get food and drink from the same place and the lines, even on this grand final day, were tame compared to SCG. This definitely makes me more inclined to get out there to see some more ressies matches next year - although it is a pain to have to go so far.

Agree it was great to be able to go out on to the field at all the breaks and listen to Shaw giving instructions to the team next to the senior team who were also there watching and listening. (Rampe, may I say, was looking particularly resplendent and not grungy/unkempt as he sometimes does.)

I, too, was impressed by the number and organization of the Giants fans. I wanted to do a bit of a vox pop and ask how the fans came to be following the Giants - were they new to AFL or what. I wound up only asking one couple. They turned out to be woman who had defected from the Swans and her partner who originally more into league but had shifted to AFL because that's what she was into.
    I'm glad about Melican too. I'm a fan.He showed that he can really stand up when it counts. Just the sort of player we need. With an injury free run I can see him pushing for selection next year.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Just out of interest - can anyone tell me if Michael Talia was out at BISP supporting the Swans Reserves?
    Meg, I didn't see him on Sunday or the week before when there was much less of a crowd to get lost in. In contrast, he was out 'coaching' some of the guys in the breaks the day we played the Suns at Blacktown a month or two back. Ironically it was that night he got himself into trouble.
    May be innocent, he may be back home in rehab, indeed he may have been there on Sunday and I didn't see him, but it does have the smell of him being well out of favour.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    MRP gave Finlayson 4 weeks, down to 3 with early plea for his hit on Zak.
    I am still fuming at this GW$ @@@@stain of a club. Who the hell gave them the green light to target our important players? Seriously, are the swans fuming?

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    I am still fuming at this GW$ @@@@stain of a club. Who the hell gave them the green light to target our important players? Seriously, are the swans fuming?
    How can a vindictive, pre-meditated intentional hit that concusses someone be given a 25% discount?

Also interesting that Zac was targeted already knowing Mills was likely out next week, and that Zac was in form & his likely replacement ...

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    How can a vindictive, pre-meditated intentional hit that concusses someone be given a 25% discount?

Also interesting that Zac was targeted already knowing Mills was likely out next week, and that Zac was in form & his likely replacement ...
    It was graded careless, high and high impact. If it had been assessed as deliberate (rather than careless) it would have gone to the tribunal with no option of discount for early plea.

But Finlayson did have an additional week added due to a bad record over previous two years. So it was four weeks down to three, rather than three down to two as otherwise would have applied.

It was graded careless, high and high impact. If it had been assessed as deliberate (rather than careless) it would have gone to the tribunal with no option of discount for early plea.

But Finlayson did have an additional week added due to a bad record over previous two years. So it was four weeks down to three, rather than three down to two as otherwise would have applied.
    Oh, ok. Still think he should have got 4 weeks, no discount, plus another week in stocks at the front of the Opera House so that Swans supporters can throw soft fruit at him to educate him that unsociable infield behaviour should not be tolerated.

Senior Player
    Isn't Finlayson Ludwig's boy?. Ludwig, he beat up on our Zac.... it's all very well swanning around France, but you've got to control the kids especially if we are trading him in next year.....

Regular in the Side
    Just finished watching NEAFL grand final on NTV. Although I am glad Nic was named best from what I saw on TV I thought Hoskin Elliot was best. Glad though as we have upgraded. I also thought the we have a lot of list cloggers. Hiscox,BJ,Towers,Cunningham to name a few. I also thought the top ups were not up to being put on the list. Melican was slow but did some good things, Murray looked the best of the rookies. Any further thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Just finished watching NEAFL grand final on NTV. Although I am glad Nic was named best from what I saw on TV I thought Hoskin Elliot was best. Glad though as we have upgraded. I also thought the we have a lot of list cloggers. Hiscox,BJ,Towers,Cunningham to name a few. I also thought the top ups were not up to being put on the list. Melican was slow but did some good things, Murray looked the best of the rookies. Any further thoughts
    In general I agree. However I don't have a problem with some of the top ups not being quite there. I think one of the purposes of the team is to expose them to the standard with the belief that they can get there.

I just watched the NEAFL GF.

For me, Gilbert McAddam is absolutely useless as a commentator - from the way he talks to the effluence that spews from him mouth ... all blatantly obvious stuff that adds nothing

Tom Derrickx does a fantastic Ricky Mott impression.