Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mills is 2016 Rising Star!

Imagine if Heeney wasn't injured for a chunk of last season. He would of been a chance last year too!

Mills has very quickly become one of my favourites!!! We have some good young ones coming through
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Opti-pessi-misti
    Kamikazi Callum! A parents' nightmare according to his father.

Quote Originally Posted by veramex View Post
    Do you think Longmire any chance for coach of the year? Given the blooding of so many fresh faces and a league best defence, surely he is in with a chance. Other suitors may be Brendon Bolton (after first half of year, but then team fell away), and maybe even Don pyke.
    Again? But he wins it every year!!

Well done Millsy.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Mills will win a Brownlow. Maybe two. Great stuff !

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Anticipated, but still a marvellous result, fitting outcome for a marvellous season. Congratulations Callum and may the marvels continue for the next few weeks!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Anticipated, but still a marvellous result, fitting outcome for a marvellous season. Congratulations Callum and may the marvels continue for the next few weeks!
    As expected the whinging has started up already. "Oh!! its great to finish on the top of the ladder and still get the best first year player" blah blah blah.
    Its unbelievable when you consider the time, money and effort Sydney put into him to lure him away from Rugby etc. etc.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Congratulations to Callum Mills on winning the Rising Star award, it was well earned and well deserved.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Warming the Bench
    In addition to his obvious footy talent & potential, he's got future Captain written all over him.

And congratulations to all the posters that told us last year how good this kid was. The thing about some of these 1st year players Alier , Mills etc is how calm and composed they play. I like Mills comment that the club does every thing for them and the players just get out on the field and play. The academy sure has paid dividends.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Congrats Callum. Hawks whinging about Academies on BF already....queue the COLA complaints....
    They're such deluded losers....starting to panic that the 4-peat is looking doubtful and their sworn enemies from north of the border might replace them at the pinnacle I guess, and venting, no.......bleating. Pathetic.

Veterans List
    I should also add, post rant, well done Callum, you are a gun and a future captain of our club. Outstanding! So glad you are part of the Swans family. I'm tearing up.....with joy!!

It occurred to me, that for anyone who backed someone other than Mills, the rising star was actually 'rats'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast