Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mills is 2016 Rising Star!

Thoroughly deserved award for young Callum. He wears that famous #14 so well and is going to be a fabulous player for us over a long time - an outstanding debut season and he will only get better in time, especially when he gets his chance in midfield.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Congratulations Callum. Worthy of the #14.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Anticipated,...
    Yep, this appeared very quickly. https://shop.sydneyswans.com.au/nab-...ing-star-piece. I gotta say that I can't see "Callum Mills" in that autograph though.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post

Yep, this appeared very quickly. https://shop.sydneyswans.com.au/nab-...ing-star-piece. I gotta say that I can't see "Callum Mills" in that autograph though.
    Yes, to me it looks like, 'Art Vandelay'.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post

They rarely put the players autographs on the promo pics (even though a 10 year old with photoshop could do it)

Veterans List
    Any comment yet from Eddie?

Had $10 at 20/1 on Callum mid season for a bit of fun, very happy with that!

Senior Player
    Might be looking at Chris Judd here. Saw a few interviews with him last night. He is far from being your average punter.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, to me it looks like, 'Art Vandelay'.
    Gold.
    It does.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    Well done Callum - thoroughly deserved. First NSW born player to win the rising star.
    Yes, the 1st year of a great career with the Swans. He grew up a Swans fan so I doubt he'll ever leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Yes, the 1st year of a great career with the Swans. He grew up a Swans fan so I doubt he'll ever leave.
    That's an interesting hypothetical ... if someone offered you ... or any Swans fan here on RWO ... $200,000 a year to stop supporting the Swans & genuinely & passionately barrack for another team for up to 5 years, would you do it? You would be allowed to resume supporting the Swans after the agreed upon time, but the $200K stops at that time.
    Because essentially that is what could happen.
    Mills, the long time Swans supporter-turned-player, becomes AFL elite, another club offers him $200K/year above what we can pay. Would playing for a club you loved keep you over life-changing sums of money?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    Well done Callum - thoroughly deserved. First NSW born player to win the rising star.
    Hearing his story on SEN radio this morning was interesting, listening to Andrew Pridham. His very first game... Went down with his father to watch a aussie rules game of football and as usual they were short of players and Andrew Pridham asked his father if his Rugby playing son (Callum) would be interested in playing a game to make up the numbers. The rest is History, or maybe Brownlow Medal History?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    That's an interesting hypothetical ... if someone offered you ... or any Swans fan here on RWO ... $200,000 a year to stop supporting the Swans & genuinely & passionately barrack for another team for up to 5 years, would you do it? You would be allowed to resume supporting the Swans after the agreed upon time, but the $200K stops at that time.
    Mills, the long time Swans supporter-turned-player, becomes AFL elite, another club offers him $200K/year above what we can pay. Would playing for a club you loved keep you over life-changing sums of money?
    I honestly couldn't do it no matter how much I was paid. I know it sounds silly turning down $1 million but there is no way I could be this passionate about another club.

But when it comes to a job that's a different story.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Stop sniffing the happy gas in the maternity ward!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast