Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Changes for 1st Qualifying Final vs GWS

Changes for 1st Qualifying Final vs GWS

I know we have a couple of weeks to discuss this but there are a few players who will be nervous over the next 2 weeks. You'd imagine that Mills is a guarantee to come into the side but Harry Marsh played well! Then there's the Papley v McGlynn argument which on last weeks form is a no brainer but season form Papley would be in front! Has Towers papers been stamped after doing not a lot wrong the last few months with horse preferring the 2 smalls? And then there's Cunningham...been quiet the last few weeks. Will he keep his place?

Many questions to ponder in an otherwise pretty settled side. We can go a few ways which is handy and helpful if we decide to pick horses for courses and against certain opposition.

I'll go out on a limb and pick my side that will hopefully put us through to a S.C.G. Prelim final!

Out: Cunningham
    In: Mills

Hard call because i do like Cunningham's speed and ball use but he hasn't been getting enough of it and i think that Marsh has good speed but extra height and neat foot skills to play his role. Mills obviously fits straight back in to where he has been in a great debut season.

Gotta stick with the 2 smalls after last week with Towers an unlucky emergency with Harry C.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I know we have a couple of weeks to discuss this but there are a few players who will be nervous over the next 2 weeks. You'd imagine that Mills is a guarantee to come into the side but Harry Marsh played well! Then there's the Papley v McGlynn argument which on last weeks form is a no brainer but season form Papley would be in front! Has Towers papers been stamped after doing not a lot wrong the last few months with horse preferring the 2 smalls? And then there's Cunningham...been quiet the last few weeks. Will he keep his place?

Many questions to ponder in an otherwise pretty settled side. We can go a few ways which is handy and helpful if we decide to pick horses for courses and against certain opposition.

I'll go out on a limb and pick my side that will hopefully put us through to a S.C.G. Prelim final!

Hard call because i do like Cunningham's speed and ball use but he hasn't been getting enough of it and i think that Marsh has good speed but extra height and neat foot skills to play his role. Mills obviously fits straight back in to where he has been in a great debut season.

Gotta stick with the 2 smalls after last week with Towers an unlucky emergency with Harry C.

Yep, I agree: Mills for Cunningham. Marsh was impressive on the weekend, more versatile than Cunningham.

In: mills
    Out: marsh

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post

Yeah i would have to agree also
    Hard to make any changes after last week but agree Mills has to come back in. I like the balance Marsh adds to the backline, can play short or tall and has good disposal.

Towers may be handy breaking the lines against GWS also but hard to find anyone else to leave out. I think McGlynn played his best game for years so keeps his spot for next game at least.

Veterans List
    Cunningham would have to be feeling the heat I suspect. May hold his place given the opponent.

Good analysis whether you turn out to have made the right or wrong prediction Troy. My feeling is that it'll be Mills for Marsh just because it's last in first out, but your argument is sound. Whoever misses out will be unlucky.

It's great that McGlynn has done what he can to show that he and Papley can in fact play in the same side. It's up to the selection panel now as to whether or not he has convinced them.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Very dangerous to keep mcglynn in the team in my opinion. Ie bad for us.

I agree with most above...

OUT : Cunningham (Hasn't done enough of late)

IN : Mills

Marsh looks ready made for finals intensity and physicality.

McGlynn will be fine, he's a proven performer over many years and should be full of confidence,

I hope they give him a close checking role on one of GWS's small defenders.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Is Sweet Caroline out or is that also played at ANZ?

Out with the bye. Bring all the finals forward one week .
    Whose dumb idea was this ?

Has mcglynn performed in finals?

McGlynn was working much, much harder than Papley on Saturday - perhaps Papley is getting worn down. I haven't been able to get to many games this year, but on last Saturday's effort, I would not be surprised to see Papley dropped at some point during finals.

I was also surprised to read a few weeks ago that Cunningham has the highest disposal efficiency of all the Swans. There you go!

Mills has to come in, I think Marsh will be the one dropped.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast