Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mills is 2016 Rising Star!

Mills is 2016 Rising Star!

MILLS MAKES IT THREE

Sydney Swans youngster Callum Mills� is a very deserving winner after a stellar season across half-back, and he joins� Adam Goodes� and� Dan Hannebery� as Swans winners of the award.
    "It's been a surreal year so far, but the exciting thing is we're still going and hopefully we can go deep into September.

"Horse (John Longmire) came up to me at the end of last year and said 'We're going to try you at half-back". I know Rhyce Shaw left a huge void and I'm trying to fill that."

Live blog: Who will be crowned the 2016 Rising Star? - AFL.com.au

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Congratulations Callum Mills!!!!

Let's hope it's the start of a huge month for the mighty Bloods!

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    MILLS MAKES IT THREE

Sydney Swans youngster Callum Mills� is a very deserving winner after a stellar season across half-back, and he joins� Adam Goodes� and� Dan Hannebery� as Swans winners of the award.
    "It's been a surreal year so far, but the exciting thing is we're still going and hopefully we can go deep into September.

"Horse (John Longmire) came up to me at the end of last year and said 'We're going to try you at half-back". I know Rhyce Shaw left a huge void and I'm trying to fill that."

Live blog: Who will be crowned the 2016 Rising Star? - AFL.com.au
    Congratulations Callum the Better.
    Hopefully your career will be as good as your two Swan predecessors.

Veterans List
    Well done Mills!

I just watched his speech and he speaks very well.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Congratulations Callum.

Now don't let that, and the bye, and the minor premiership, distract you and the rest of the team - you have a job to do.

He's being interviewed now on SEN. Has a good sense of humour.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    Eddie is red faced and foaming at this very minute. His radio show this afternoon should be a beauty!

Congrats Callum. Hawks whinging about Academies on BF already....queue the COLA complaints....

He spoke very well and gave the Academies a big tick too. Loved it!

Congratulations young sir!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Listened to most of it on SEN Terry Wallace compare Mills to Selwood and says he will captain the Swans at some stage

Pushing for Selection
    Do you think Longmire any chance for coach of the year? Given the blooding of so many fresh faces and a league best defence, surely he is in with a chance. Other suitors may be Brendon Bolton (after first half of year, but then team fell away), and maybe even Don pyke.

Callum got a nearly perfect score with 5/5 from 9/10 judges and only Cameron Ling giving him 4 and the 5 to Caleb Daniel. Go Cal!

Just as well Heeney didn't play enough games to contend last year - he would have been a real chance but for injuries - the howls of indignation if we won two in a row based on priority access to academy selections would have been bloodcurdling.

I think Horse is a great chance for Coach of the Year even though he's won it twice before and Alastair Clarkson hasn't. I think Don Pyke is his main rival. Leon Cameron, Brendon Bolton and maybe even Paul Roos as smokies. May well also depend on what happens through finals. If the Eagles win, Adam Simpson could contend.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast