Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How losing to GWS can be a blessing in disguise

Also not a fan of a close grand final. At least in 2012 i could relax with about 5 seconds left on the clock and really soak it in when AJ got possession at the end

I'm hoping the dogs have had their grand final. Fans celebrating like they'd won a flag. Bob Murphy / Libba / players in tears.. It was as if winning last night was their end goal after so many years and prelim losses. The fact it was close only added to that. They will really need to clear their mindset and start again before Saturday.
    Last edited by drnicko18; 25th September 2016 at 08:01 AM.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think they were just upset when the siren went because they realised the umpires didn't have a chance to pay them any more frees.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Well to be fair they haven't been in a grand final for so many years. I was also going nuts in 1996 when Plugger kicked the point!

But it's a grand final so no sentiment from me. I want us to be ruthless! I'm just glad I don't have to sit next to Hawthorn supporters for a change.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Well to be fair they haven't been in a grand final for so many years. I was also going nuts in 1996 when Plugger kicked the point!

But it's a grand final so no sentiment from me. I want us to be ruthless! I'm just glad I don't have to sit next to Hawthorn supporters for a change.

So true. I remember the ecstasy (and tears for essondon supporters) at the 1996 preliminary. In fact that was my very first game of afl attending live and it hooked me for life. Go the bloods

God i hope the swans smash the #sobrave's in the gf.

I had the misfortune to be sitting in amongst a great swath of their unwashed last night. Ungracious, humourless morons.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and ther cheering whenever libba snr came on the screen made me sick.

I was in disbelief that anyone would glorify that scratcher, even dogs fans. It was like cheering for george bush... jnr.
    Horrid people.

You can call me a conspiracy theorist, but I still believe that the AFL wanted the Giants to lose. The backlash they would get in Melbourne would be too big if there was an all Sydney GF. The umps were instructed to scrutinise the Giants players, their dirty tactics and punish them for it, hence the lopsided free-kicks count. If they scrutinised them like this in the QF, who knows, maybe they wouldn't have won. Honestly people, WB don't deserve to be in the GF judging on their H&A performance. They still finished 7th. I know there were injuries, but I still believe they shouldn't be there. This was cooked in the AFL kitchen and I hate them even more now. This code is now becoming like Soccer that would do anything for TV ratings.

Id hate to think that was true (umpire bias) but under the gill administration you have to wonder. What have we become.

7th ranked team is hosting 1st by the way. How can they complain ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I had the misfortune to be sitting in amongst a great swath of their unwashed last night. Ungracious, humourless morons.

- - - Updated - - -

I was in disbelief that anyone would glorify that scratcher, even dogs fans. It was like cheering for george bush... jnr.
    Horrid people.
    The Dogs under Wallace were dirty. These Dogs are a different breed. Hard running and fair. Should be a cracking GF and our players won't be sniped like they would have been had the Giants got through.

As for the umpires, I am a tad concerned. Nothing we can do though, just have to hope they call what is in front of them.

Warming the Bench

- - - Updated - - -

Horrid people.
    I think you would have been in your element.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    The Dogs under Wallace were dirty. These Dogs are a different breed. Hard running and fair. Should be a cracking GF and our players won't be sniped like they would have been had the Giants got through.

As for the umpires, I am a tad concerned. Nothing we can do though, just have to hope they call what is in front of them.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Yeah that was our "grand final" in 96 given how long it had been for us too..

7th ranked team is hosting 1st by the way. How can they complain ?
    Doggies home ground is Docklands & they'll be wearing white shorts. We've played there as many times as they have this year. It's a neutral ground at best. And, for all of the whining about the Grand Final being played there, it's contracted to be played there until at least 2037.
    Hope we don't have another 21 years of bleating about the MCG as the Grand Final venue

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Doggies home ground is Docklands & they'll be wearing white shorts. We've played there as many times as they have this year. It's a neutral ground at best. And, for all of the whining about the Grand Final being played there, it's contracted to be played there until at least 2037.
    Hope we don't have another 21 years of bleating about the MCG as the Grand Final venue
    Great post - fully agree.
    But the "Pest from the West" wont let it rest!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast