Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Players paid by AFL. Umpires paid by AFL. Swans 4 points behind and Razor steps up and calls no mark, play on Heeney and 3 straight goals to Giants.

Got to love the AFL ??

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Definitely a turning point in the match. Was it Razor Ray who made the non-call on Heeney?

Veterans List
    It probably has to said, as bad as the umpiring was and while it may have been closer if it was fairer, it didn't change the result.....our boys never looked 'on' today.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It probably has to said, as bad as the umpiring was and while it may have been closer if it was fairer, it didn't change the result.....our boys never looked 'on' today.
    In the case of the second half, I agree. The first half was a good contest with some disgraceful behaviour from the Giants.

Veterans List
    Just hope North, while losing, hurt the Crows......a lot!

I think Horses sentiment for Benny ends today.....he's been shocking.
    Yes, yes, yes.

The pea-hearted loser is such a liability. We already have a small forward in Papley. McGlynn just creates a problem for the rest of the team. Hope we bring in either Towers or Cunningham and drop McGlynn hard.

Given the Giants ability to get acres, you'd think Longmire would have gone with Cunningham or Towers. It baffled me with the space GWS kept creating for themselves. You'd think the swans would be onto it.

Hopefully this guilt and sentiment towards McGlynn finally ends and he never plays another game in the red and white.

Boo hoo. He missed the 2012 Grand Final and cried. I doubt we could have even won it with him in the side.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Yes, yes, yes.

The pea-hearted loser is such a liability. We already have a small forward in Papley. McGlynn just creates a problem for the rest of the team. Hope we bring in either Towers or Cunningham and drop McGlynn hard.

Given the Giants ability to get acres, you'd think Longmire would have gone with Cunningham or Towers. It baffled me with the space GWS kept creating for themselves. You'd think the swans would be onto it.

Hopefully this guilt and sentiment towards McGlynn finally ends and he never plays another game in the red and white.

Boo hoo. He missed the 2012 Grand Final and cried. I doubt we could have even won it with him in the side.
    McGlynn in 2012 was definitely in the top 22, he would have carried his weight and then some in the 2012 GF.

Regular in the Side
    i made the comment in another thread about a bye before the finals taking momentum away..some rely on it, some dont..i think it hurts us, when you look bavck at our result after bye's i dont think we do well....
    i think the constant of playing week in week out suits us better so who knows maybe it will hold us well.
    imagine if the us and the hawks get up in the prelim's..be interesting.
    however Tom mitchell was no where to be seen today, it was like he was waiting for his hawthorn contract to come through...
    JPK can hold his head high after that hit..but it clearly affect our inside ball winning...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    In the case of the second half, I agree. The first half was a good contest with some disgraceful behaviour from the Giants.
    True, they were able to get away with a hell of a lot, which probably shocked our players as much as the actual shoddy treatment from the Giants.

I agree. I think the umpiring had little to do with it. The Heeney non-free was bad though.

Questions need to be asked about our players mental toughness as they seem to get rattled quite easily with physical intimidation. Same occured in the 2014 Grand Final.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Before the injuries sustained today, pretty good. After today, not so good. At least it will be at the SCG.
    we went out in straight sets last year and it looking like the same this year. obviously we cannot handle the pressure of finals football, regardless of how good we look in the H AND A season. Oh WELL at least I would have to worry about GF tickets

I'm not a fan of the string of close-in rapid-fire handballs to players under pressure that we seem to employ. I was always a fan of Mitchell, but he's the biggest culprit of all IMO.

If GW$ could kick straight we'd have been thoroughly destroyed.

The commentators praise of the "building" such a great team - well FFS, any team could build a side with the number of ****ing 1st rounders, extended list etc they've enjoyed.

Their song sucks.

Veterans List
    I agree, the bye was a stupid idea, and may have claimed it's first victim......and maybe WC.