Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Don't care how good he's played for us. He's a weakness to our side and the club should always come before being sentimental. Horse made a massive @@@@ up selecting him against Richmond and today due to what I feel is sentimentality. Hope he's played his last game.

Thanks for the service McGylnn, but you're a list clogger now. Time to hang up the boots and move on.
    Not sure why you would say it was a mistake to select him against Richmond - he had a great game against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I've sent a tweet to AFL asking for a review of neither mark nor free kick to Heeney in the 3rd quarter with #AFLwhistleblowers to try to get it on Monday's umpiring video. I know it is water under the bridge by then but still .... Anyone else like to do the same? I think the choice of what is looked at is influenced by the amount of angst that is shown (judging by past comments on the video).
    I have done the same Meg- that was a huge call in terms of momentum in the game. At the ground it appeared the umps had 3 potential calls that could of been made - a mark, a free for chopping of the arms, or free for over the shoulder. Would be interesting to see how the AFL justify it, as that is what whistleblowers 95% of the time seems to do.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    On the Kennedy hit, I think too many of our players went down in the first quarter for it to just be a 'coincidence.' I think it was GWS's strategy to take out our players from the start.

Johnson and Mumford should be suspended, but they won't be because the AFL won't allow it.
    At least the ABC see things neutrally, this from a 'finals hero's and villains' article on their news website (in the 'villain' section of course!): "You could make an argument that Steve Johnson was a hero for the Giants against the Swans. After all, his bump on Josh Kennedy ignited the flame of physicality that set GWS up for an unforgettable win.

But his antiquated way of going about it is to be derided, especially with what we now know about concussion. Make no mistake, Johnson made a deliberate play for the head of the opposition's best midfielder. Let's hope those trying to sugar coat it are ignored."
    Ignored by the MRP? Well, let's hope so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Of course the club should come before sentiment, and does - ROK and Richards being recent examples. I also agree that he had a poor game yesterday. My objection was to your childish comment on him crying for missing a GF. That was unnecessary and disrespectful.
    Boo bloody hoo. You can stand outside my house and protest about it if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Not sure why you would say it was a mistake to select him against Richmond - he had a great game against them.
    Everyone had a good game against Richmond. But agree it was hard for Longmire to drop him after he snagged 5. Yesterday showed where he was really at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    At least the ABC see things neutrally, this from a 'finals hero's and villains' article on their news website (in the 'villain' section of course!): "You could make an argument that Steve Johnson was a hero for the Giants against the Swans. After all, his bump on Josh Kennedy ignited the flame of physicality that set GWS up for an unforgettable win.

But his antiquated way of going about it is to be derided, especially with what we now know about concussion. Make no mistake, Johnson made a deliberate play for the head of the opposition's best midfielder. Let's hope those trying to sugar coat it are ignored."
    Ignored by the MRP? Well, let's hope so.....
    I'm very sure that them taking out Tippett and Kennedy led to their win.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The ABC24's Offsiders is running a repeat of this morning's edition at 3.30 this afternoon. I'm told it's really worth watching, goes into details like possible suspensions, and much else.
    It only covered it a bit. They show better vision of the Kennedy hit (still tough to find anything super clear though). Whateley seems convinced that both Stevie J and Mummy will get suspensions.

EDIT: AFL seems to have updated their analysis from this morning. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-1...or-kennedy-hit Still not conclusive.
    Last edited by Danzar; 11th September 2016 at 05:59 PM.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Warming the Bench
    Not surprised that Whateley wants them suspended.
    He's Cats thru & thru - hoping they're out only if Giants play Geelong.
    If Swans, he'd change his tune quick smart.

The video http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-1...or-kennedy-hit shows four angles. It's clear there is contact and when all four angles are taken in context, contact with the elbow. That would have to be an intentional striking charge, surely? If Stevie J's 2015 suspension is taken into account, he's gone for three weeks. Anything less, those on the MRP should never participate again.

Mummy is tricky. I agree with the assessment that on vision and Tippett's immediate condition, there's probably a fine in it. But, if Tippett's jaw is broken, and it's from that sling tackle, Mummy will have to get 1-2.

Hilarious how they gloss over the Lewis punch in the Hawks Cats game. Lewis did exactly the same a few weeks earlier and got off.
    Last edited by Danzar; 11th September 2016 at 06:32 PM.

Veterans List
    I wouldn't question Gerard Whatley's motives, he might be a Cat fan, but he has integrity......

Veterans List
    Well, Mummy has to go then.....Tippetts jaw is broken and he won't be playing next week! Duo ruled out - sydneyswans.com.au. Bugger!

Warming the Bench
    I wouldn't question Gerard Whatley's motives, he might be a Cat fan, but he has integrity......
    Seems you didn't listen to him when we flogged Cats at the SCG by about 100 points a couple of years back.
    Biggest pay-out I've ever heard against Swans (Franklin, Tippett, COLA)
    Integrity!

I wasn't questioning Gerard at all...was talking about the AFL write up. Have updated my post so it's a bit clearer on that front.

EDIT: whoops, spoke to soon. You were referring to another post!

From the AFL app: Intentional striking, with medium impact to the head, would result in a three-match ban down to two with an early guilty plea, sidelining Johnson for the Grand Final if the Giants win their way through.
    The only other way Johnson could receive a three-match ban down to two is if the MRP graded the incident as careless rough conduct with high impact to the head.
    Given Kennedy played on after a spell on the bench to be assessed, it would seem that conclusion could only be reached if a damning medical report was submitted by the Swans.

submit a damning medical report!!