Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

Shaun Burgoyne easily has a career in comedy when he finally hangs up the boots. From afl.com.au

"HAWTHORN star Shaun Burgoyne is urging umpires to pay free kicks to stop premiership teammate Sam Mitchell being "targeted" by off-the-ball hits."

There needs to be a full time umpire watching him & his own cheap shots on others!

Will all due respect kilroy, its not GWS's fault that the swans have coped it over the past few years. Its AFL, and in particular Gill.
    I miss Andy D so much. He was a strong leader.

I dont like Fitzpatrick any more than you, but youve got to understand how coorporate life works. Fitzpatrick would have been given some clear KPI's around GWS and Gold Coast Expansion. He has to hit those KPI's, or he's gone. Its the system. I doubt there are any KPI's about the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Will all due respect kilroy, its not GWS's fault that the swans have coped it over the past few years. Its AFL, and in particular Gill.

I dont like Fitzpatrick any more than you, but youve got to understand how coorporate life works. Fitzpatrick would have been given some clear KPI's around GWS and Gold Coast Expansion. He has to hit those KPI's, or he's gone. Its the system. I doubt there are any KPI's about the Swans.
    I understand how KPis work, its why executives get paid millions to basically game the system as much as they can for shareholders and when they dont they are sacked with a nice bonus if they at least meet some of them.

At which stage did the AFL send out the memo that the game needs to be compromised because executives like shiitpatrick has KPIs to meet? Or do we just forget about ethics and integrality and keep eating the @@@@ sandwitches that are given to us and wonder why?

At what stage do we call it for what it is, blatant rigging?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Shaun Burgoyne easily has a career in comedy when he finally hangs up the boots. From afl.com.au

"HAWTHORN star Shaun Burgoyne is urging umpires to pay free kicks to stop premiership teammate Sam Mitchell being "targeted" by off-the-ball hits."

There needs to be a full time umpire watching him & his own cheap shots on others!
    I cant believe the hide of the hawks, as soon as one of their own is targeted, who BTW is a down and out thug, they whinge!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I want Theo Andy back too. At least he appeared honest.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I want Theo Andy back too. At least he appeared honest.
    Yeah its obvious how good Andy D was to the game even if he pissed of a few Victorians. But Gil the Dill..i am convinced the guy has been labotimized and has a chip inserted as i have never come across a more uninspired and pathetic CEO like him. I mean did you hear the guy commentate a few weeks ago? I wanted to pluck my eye brows one hair at a time after having to put up with his monotone voice.

1st QF Swans v Giants

Heeney non-Mark/non-free kick is discussed on Whistleblowers. Hayden Kennedy says decision not to award a free kick was correct - but he would not have disagreed if a mark had been awarded.

Which is a long way to say Heeney was dudded!

Mind you the impact is diluted by him also saying the decision to disallow a GWS goal (for illegal disposal/holding the ball) was incorrect. So others will tell us the two decisions (at least) cancel out.

Is blocking the mark allowed? - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post

Well, one for Psycho Sammy, one for Hodge and probably one for Lewis.

Sorry, but I dont listen to that crap or Kennedy, because 9/10 they defend the indefensible and make up some rubbish claim and it only makes me more pissed off at how accepting we fans are of terrible and most times, questionable umpiring.

Thanks for posting BTW no meant to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    The AFL is a joke. Instead of showing how Heeney's mark should have been called at a critical point in the game, and then us getting a goal scored against on us in Whistleblowers, what do they show?

That Patton's drop of the ball in front of goal that was disallowed, should have been play on, and thus a goal. That is, the GWS were robbed of a goal.

Absolutely biassed.
    The Heeney one is there as well - it follows on from the Patton discussion.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The Heeney one is there as well - it follows on from the Patton discussion.
    Saw that after I posted in anger. But still, so biassed, he just didn't want to say Heeney marked the ball, and that was rubbish how the GWS player jumped on Heeney's back and head and that was not a free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    The AFL is a joke. Instead of showing how Heeney's mark should have been called at a critical point in the game, and then us getting a goal scored against on us in Whistleblowers, what do they show?

That Patton's drop of the ball in front of goal that was disallowed, should have been play on, and thus a goal. That is, the GWS were robbed of a goal.

Absolutely biassed.
    I have never ever in my whole life of watching professional leagues around the world, including south american leagues (Argentina) seen as much bias and engineering like i have in this code. And the fact that they get away with it and the fans are OK with this, pisses me off even more.

In those leagues i have watched that have been rigged they eventually clean it up when something as obvious as what is seen in the AFL is called out. But nope our league has so many examples of massive bias or no integrity and they get away with it because the AFL media is @@@@ scared that it will loose their accreditation and fans have been manipulated into thinking a lack of supporter for their clubs will mean their team might die.

I mean what other league in the world allows a team to entertain the umpires like pay for a trip away with the team or pay for the accommodation of away games in return for favorable calls?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    I saw this and was ropable with the ump on top of all the other little things that help sway the game towards the team that the AFL wants to win.

I am beside myself today, really really angry at what I perceive blatant bastardy and organised corruption from the AFL, namely Mike Fitzpatrick. Now a lot of you might think otherwise because the AFL suckers everyone cause we all love our clubs, but i am making this bold statement:

The swans will not win a flag with Lance Franklin in the side, ever, period. The only way we can legitimately win a flag is if Mike Fitzpatrick is removed, until that happens we can be minor premiers, we can be the best side all year but when it comes to finals we are never ever going to go far.

I can safely say it, especially after the terrible remarks by Mike @@@@zpatrick on Saturday.

Saturday was a repeat performance of the GF. The hawks were allowed to go hard for the first 15-20 mins of that game which left a lot of our players in a daze. The umps didnt give us one inch of respect that first quarter. Look at the way Brian Lake almost ripped Buddies head off, look at the way Hanners was targeted.

It almost feels lie, i dunno, El Patron, Mike @@@@zpatrick, told the umps to allow our opposition to go in hard and to let it go. Yet we were penalised for minor things.

The same happened on the weekend. Non paid marks, HTB when it wasn't there, countless sniping from GWS players, mummy claiming during the week that he will go out and hurt players and then breaking one of our players jaw with an illegal tackle, Johnson concussing another one of our important players plus a plethora of non calls to them.

And the most likely scenario will be both Johnson and Mumford will get off.

Now does anybody know if the swans are going to actually say anything or are we going to lay down and cop it sweet, like always?

Now i know we like to think of our club as professional and above bastardy, but thats two times we have been bullied into submission without any help from the umps and twice we have fallen over. Enough is enough, its time to crack heads and get tough. In this @@@@ world arseholes always win and being noble gets you no where.

I wont for one second acknowledge GWS at all. Bunch of millenials with too much confidence and like all millenials everything is given to them on a silver platter.
    Welcome back Kilroy. Please stay this time. I think you add real value to this forum.