Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

Senior Player
    Good to see the inexperienced players really standing up. Paps with 2 goals and Aliir playing with real authority. I like what I'm seeing.

Just about to say the same: the young players doing well.

Senior Player
    Fast transitions are suiting the Giants, both when they go forward and when we go forward. They generate scoring shots and we generate turnovers. Bit of a worry, Horse needs to send the slow down message.

Jack goal, good reply!

Bah....we will not win in a shoot out...you have to bottle them up, you can't let them run from end to end without being touched...ridiculous..

So do the Giants always spend most of their time throwing their hands in the air begging for frees? Or it is just today.

Regular in the Side
    The AFL website says Tippet and JPK have gone off with injuries. Anything serious? I'm on the other side of the world with dodgey internet so it's the only link I have to the game
    Life's not a spectator sport

Undisiplined rabble...

Regular in the Side
    And there's been three or four blood rules - is it as intense as it sounds?
    Life's not a spectator sport

Senior Player
    Looks like the Giants have decided to play the man and not the ball. Steve J just dropped Joey, ran through him with his elbow up by the looks of it, doesn't look like he'll be back. I doubt Stevie J will be taking place in any further finals after that act, 3 weeks at least. And then the umps awards 3 frees in quick succession to the Giants, bizarre stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Looks like the Giants have decided to play the man and not the ball. Steve J just dropped Joey, doesn't look like he'll be back. And then the umps awards 3 frees in quick succession to the Giants, bizarre stuff.
    The fix is on....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Stevie J....thats 2 weeks for that hit on JPK...
    umps just allowing Giants cheap shot after cheap shot..

The boys just have to keep their heads...

Let's see...Giants are niggling Buddy, hoping that he'll snap...Giants are attacking the heads of Sydney players and we get nothing...Stevie J takes a dive and gets a free in front of goal...he misses....Greene gets another free in front of goal for who knows what...and he gets the goal...seems that the umps have received instructions...

Swans are rattled...stupidly rattled...and they'll lose this if they play on GWS terms...which they probably will

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast