Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 finals losses in a row

Hawks and now GWS target us. Clubs with a bit of Mongrel will try it as well.

Check the title of this thread. Weve been favourite in 3 of them.

This looks like a pattern to me.

On the veteran's list
    We were not favourites against Freo last year and against North we had half a team. Anybody who thought we were favourites yesterday was kidding themselves. The bookies have us at $1.45 next week which is the reverse of what it should be. We are an honest team that gets everything out of every match and when the finals come there may just not be another gear!

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    But the irony of it Barry is that Mummy played very little part in that grand final win.....
    Its partly 'aura' or perception. Heard a commentator, who was a midfielder, speaking about playing against Nick Nat say that it it is almost impossible to tell where his tap is going to go, so the opposition mids are already on the back foot before the ball is bounced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    We were not favourites against Freo last year and against North we had half a team. Anybody who thought we were favourites yesterday was kidding themselves. !
    We were favourites yesterday paying about $1.50.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We were favourites yesterday paying about $1.50.
    I realise that but were we really favourites in the mind of the players. We are $1.50 against the crows next Saturday but does anyone really believe we are the most likely winners?

Senior Player
    I realise that but were we really favourites in the mind of the players. We are $1.50 against the crows next Saturday but does anyone really believe we are the most likely winners?
    YES
    It is after all the RWO page if you don't think we can win then jump onboard the Interlopers bandwagon

If we turn up to play we will win.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12