Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    This song got a big thumbs up from Caroline Wilson and Kelli Underwood on the ABC's "Insiders" show this morning! The show finished with excerpts of the video.

Senior Player
    Folks, this might be old news but the tickets to the Goodsey doco "No Quarter" are available on the Sydney Film Festival site now.
    Four screenings at large theatres, so the SFF must be expecting a lot of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Folks, this might be old news but the tickets to the Goodsey doco "No Quarter" are available on the Sydney Film Festival site now.
    Four screenings at large theatres, so the SFF must be expecting a lot of interest.
    Isn't it "Final Quarter"?

OTC & Footy Classified both reported tonight that Goodsey's Doco "The Final Quarter" is being shown to all the AFL CEO's at tomorrow's annual CEO's meeting, as apparently it is very confronting showing prominent AFL figures in a bad light, so they can prepare a united front response before it premieres at the Sydney Film Festival on June 7th. This is a very interesting development as it shows the AFL is very uncomfortable on how Adam is going to portray them during his terrible ordeal, no second guesses on who those prominent AFL figures are! This will be compulsive viewing!

Caroline Wilson on FC tonight had a go at Gill in her Caro's Arrow segment, on some of his ignorant comments during 2015 whilst the Goodsey Booing Saga had already been ongoing for several months. Caro brought this up tonight in lieu of tomorrow's CEO's meeting where this doco will be discussed as the AFL for a change have no power or control as this was produced with none of their involvement or endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    OTC & Footy Classified both reported tonight that Goodsey's Doco "The Final Quarter" is being shown to all the AFL CEO's at tomorrow's annual CEO's meeting, as apparently it is very confronting showing prominent AFL figures in a bad light, so they can prepare a united front response before it premieres at the Sydney Film Festival on June 7th. This is a very interesting development as it shows the AFL is very uncomfortable on how Adam is going to portray them during his terrible ordeal, no second guesses on who those prominent AFL figures are! This will be compulsive viewing!

Caroline Wilson on FC tonight had a go at Gill in her Caro's Arrow segment, on some of his ignorant comments during 2015 whilst the Goodsey Booing Saga had already been ongoing for several months. Caro brought this up tonight in lieu of tomorrow's CEO's meeting where this doco will be discussed as the AFL for a change have no power or control as this was produced with none of their involvement or endorsement.
    Bwahahaha

I really hope that this shakes-up and embarrasses the AFL. I can’t wait to see what damage control it ignites and I hope it fails miserably.

I’m not anti-Vic.

I’m anti the spineless fat cats who, at the time, did nothing to stop Adam being pushed out of the game he loved. There were from all corners and all walks of life. The disgusting sheep-following, mob mentality demonstrated the most ignorantly disgusting face of humanity at the time.

Can’t wait to see the doco and love Paul Kelly’s song!

Tickets are selling fast: one session is sold out and the other three have low availability. So if you want to see the film during the Film Festival I recommend you book very soon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    as it shows the AFL is very uncomfortable on how Adam is going to portray them during his terrible ordeal,
    I don't think - from what I've read (see link below) - that the film has Adam portraying anyone as anything. It features people portraying themselves - ie its not new material but rather a stitching together of contemporaneous material.

The Final Quarter — Sydney Film Festival

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Tickets are selling fast: one session is sold out and the other three have low availability. So if you want to see the film during the Film Festival I recommend you book very soon.
    Thanks for the head's up Meg, I just booked my ticket.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Gil has already begun a damage limitation exercise. He claims he was "a week late" in defending Adam Goodes. I don't really remember him defending him at all, or by the time he did, it was way, way too late. Also I don't really understand what he means by "I'm very accountable for everything I do" surely that should mean there are consequences for his (poor) actions. I've never seen him held accountable by anyone for anything. Quite the opposite!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p51mxc.html

In a radio interview at the weekend, McLachlan admitted he would like to have his time again in his handling of Goodes' tribal dance for Sydney's Marngrook game against Carlton at the SCG in 2015.

"I called it out that I felt I was a week late, yeah," the AFL chief told 3AW.

"I'm not excusing it in any way – I'm very accountable for everything I do – but it wasn't easy at the time.

"A week is a week and I own that. I certainly wish I had come out a week earlier, yeah."

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Gil has already begun a damage limitation exercise. He claims he was "a week late" in defending Adam Goodes. I don't really remember him defending him at all, or by the time he did, it was way, way too late. Also I don't really understand what he means by "I'm very accountable for everything I do" surely that should mean there are consequences for his (poor) actions. I've never seen him held accountable by anyone for anything. Quite the opposite!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p51mxc.html

In a radio interview at the weekend, McLachlan admitted he would like to have his time again in his handling of Goodes' tribal dance for Sydney's Marngrook game against Carlton at the SCG in 2015.

"I called it out that I felt I was a week late, yeah," the AFL chief told 3AW.

"I'm not excusing it in any way – I'm very accountable for everything I do – but it wasn't easy at the time.

"A week is a week and I own that. I certainly wish I had come out a week earlier, yeah."
    Come out of the closet a week earlier??
    At that stage of this sorry saga, he should have come out a YEAR earlier.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Come out of the closet a week earlier??
    At that stage of this sorry saga, he should have come out a YEAR earlier.
    A year? you might be being a bit generous. McLachlan did absolutely nothing except make excuses for all the tools doing
    the boo-ing. Y'know, and this might sound a bit harsh but I think he has a bit of that Trump thing in him. Casual with the
    truth, filled with their own self importance, after awhile these guys start believing what they'd like to have happened
    as being the thing that actually DID happen. Put simply, they start believing their own @@@@. And whoa, who is going to
    pull him up? Who exactly is he accountable to? His underlings at the AFL? the cheer squad that is the footy press?
    Wow, they're a tough jury of his peers.

Happy and I know it
    No-one will remember Gill in a few years. Adam will be remembered for many years. I am privileged for having seen him represent our club.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast