Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I know it conflicts with your bigoted views 05 but people are allowed to have opinions without being labelled as racists.
    So you didn’t think the comment about good natives etc was possibly just a touch racist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    So you didn’t think the comment about good natives etc was possibly just a touch racist ?
    Yes, that's my point. Bloods05 was inferring ("Maybe his ghost still haunts us") that I was racist just like the guy who made those comments.

Yes, that's my point. Bloods05 was inferring ("Maybe his ghost still haunts us") that I was racist just like the guy who made those comments.
    I'd get that seen to if I were you.

Senior Player
    Of course. I feel the same about the haka but that is more for show, provided they don't invade their opponents personal space.

This was worse. Running right to your opponents in a threatening manner and pretending to throw a spear at them? Its completely disrespectful. Why does the opponent have to stand there politely and take it all for the sake of not offending a culture?
    I guess you'd have to ask the Bombers players if they found it "completely disrespectful", and if they felt they had to
    "take it all for the sake of not offending a culture". My guess...… nope.

Goes up to 11
    Of course. I feel the same about the haka but that is more for show, provided they don't invade their opponents personal space.

This was worse. Running right to your opponents in a threatening manner and pretending to throw a spear at them? Its completely disrespectful. Why does the opponent have to stand there politely and take it all for the sake of not offending a culture?
    Brilliant humour. Love it.

On the veteran's list
    And rightly so. It was a terrible look. Stack has every right to participate in an indigenous dance but performing an act of aggression and intimidation like that was completely out of line especially when his opponents are unable to retaliate.
    They were able to retaliate and defend themselves. The Essendon player knocked away Stack's invisible spear with his invisible shield! You must have missed it.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    I'll go with Titus on this one.....

"The highlight of the night was the war dance performed before the game as part of Dreamtime at the ‘G.

Richmond’s Sydney Stack even threw an imaginary spear at the Essendon players, but there was no outcry like when Adam Goodes did it towards Carlton supporters.

Perhaps that’s progress, or perhaps it’s just the fact everyone knows Essendon players have had plenty of experience of sharp objects being poked into them."

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'll go with Titus on this one.....

"The highlight of the night was the war dance performed before the game as part of Dreamtime at the ‘G.

Richmond’s Sydney Stack even threw an imaginary spear at the Essendon players, but there was no outcry like when Adam Goodes did it towards Carlton supporters.

Perhaps that’s progress, or perhaps it’s just the fact everyone knows Essendon players have had plenty of experience of sharp objects being poked into them."

He's wrong about that, we've had one outcry here.

Veteran Site Admin
    Throughout the discussion on the upcoming The Final Quarter, there has been mention of a second documentary addressing the Goodes situation. Some details have been released today. It's a venture between Goodes himself and Stan Grant. Grant was instrumental in trying to keep the conversation going after Goodes bowed out of the public spotlight.

"The Australian Dream", which is the name of this second film, was a tag Grant used frequently in the articles he wrote and speeches he gave. Unlike The Final Quarter, which relies purely on archival footage, this film features Adam reflecting now on what he went through. There are some more details, including a very brief trailer, in the SMH article below.

The film itself will open the Melbourne Film Festival in August.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...29-p51sgh.html

Hope they show The Australian Dream somewhere in Sydney.
    Can't wait to see it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast