Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

The upcoming Sydney Film Festival will feature a doco about Goodesy, titled "The Final Quarter"

It's described as a Senna-style re-examination - using archival footage and interviews - of the incidents that clouded the last three years of Adam Goodes' great AFL career, including Eddie McGuire's infamous King Kong comments, abuse by a 13-year-old Collingwood supporter, booing by opposition fans and the reaction to his indigenous war dance after a goal.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...02-p519ut.html

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The upcoming Sydney Film Festival will feature a doco about Goodesy, titled "The Final Quarter"

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...02-p519ut.html
    Trailer can be found here:

The Final Quarter - sydneyswans.com.au

....and a small Sydney Film Festival article on it here:

The Final Quarter — Sydney Film Festival

Looks good. Confronts 'the issue'......
    Last edited by stevoswan; 4th April 2019 at 01:58 PM.

League footy boss Steve Hocking says there's no link between the booing of two champions, but doesn't want Ablett boos to continue Ablett booing 'very different' to Goodes saga: AFL - AFL.com.au

Yes Mr S.Hocking, they are very different. The AFL jump on the front foot for Ablett. The AFL was all too passive for our Adam.

AFL football operations boss Steve Hocking said on Tuesday that Ablett professionally dealt with the booing, during and after the Cats' big win against the Hawks.
    Oh? And the Swans and Adam were unprofessional? They were amateurs?

"I thought Gary handled it really well, he played exceptionally well, and post-match, the way he and the club handled it was very professional," Hocking said.
    Yes, Mr S.Hocking, Adam - who was hounded and booed week after week ... for months ... over years ... Adam handled it poorly?

"I do (have faith) in footy fans, and I would not tie the Adam Goodes stuff (who retired in 2015) with the Gary Ablett stuff, it is a very different situation," Hocking said.
    Different? Yes. You don’t want the booing of Ablett to continue, but - Mr S.Hocking since they are different situations, was it ok that that it went on, and on for Adam yet you publicly and emphatically don’t want it to continue for Ablett? (neither do I BTW).

Asked whether the booing of Ablett was prompted by the social media controversy: "Hand on heart, I don't know. He was booed in the 2008 Grand Final. What was that for? Because he was a great player?"
    Ablett was booed because he was a great player? Possibly. Adam was booed for possibly many reasons. But the most disgusting reason was because he was Adam Goodes.

Mr S.Hocking ... your public comparison between the Goodes and Ablett situations, suggesting they weren’t comparable just highlights the ignorance of the AFL in dealing with such situations. I’m glad the players themselves stood up for Adam. But that further highlighted the ineptness of the AFL.

SHocking.

SHocking. I'm stealing that.

Warming the Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Thank you Vonsteinman. And thank you Paul Kelly. Brought a tear to my eye. I miss Adam.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Wow! Fantastic!
    Was unaware of this. Thanks for posting Vonsteinman!

Since we're on music, this is the latest bit of pop culture to feature a brief cameo from Goodesy. Mickey O is also there as well. Though I should point out, if you're offended by the f-word and/or hip hop, you really shouldn't click the link.

Briggs - Life Is Incredible ft. Greg Holden - YouTube

Happy and I know it
    Just watched it - fantastic! Can't wait to see the film.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thank you Vonsteinman - just wonderful!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Since we're on music, this is the latest bit of pop culture to feature a brief cameo from Goodesy. Mickey O is also there as well. Though I should point out, if you're offended by the f-word and/or hip hop, you really shouldn't click the link.

Briggs - Life Is Incredible ft. Greg Holden - YouTube
    Definitely not my type of music, but loved the cameos of Micky O and Goodesy Micky O is gracefully aging - what a gent and quality bloke he is
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Definitely not my type of music, but loved the cameos of Micky O and Goodesy Micky O is gracefully aging - what a gent and quality bloke he is
    There's quite a bit of hip hop that I like, but not really to the extent of buying an album. I quite like that one, though.

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast