Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    For some reason it won’t link properly but it’s a great summary that succinctly refutes the “ facts “ of the agenda that attempted to justify the booing as not a a “ Racist thing” copy and paste in your browser

https://10daily.com.au/views/a190712...ieved-20190717
    Thanks for posting Faunac8!

Veterans List
    This is an exceptional piece of writing that explains a lot:
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/trum...18-p528ea.html

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    This is an exceptional piece of writing that explains a lot:
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/trum...18-p528ea.html
    Very well argued.

Unfortunetly I forgot about the screening last night, but luckily I see it is on tenplay.com.au. Will watch it over the weekend.

Blog Entries
    Simpletons messge: "Shut up and just play football."

So many good and bad memories in the doco.

Too many knuckleheads out there who will not care, and still call him a sook.
    They only hear what they want to hear.

Saddens me still, as I know it does for most of us, that we never got to see him finish his career as he should have:

A CHAMPION player
    A CHAMPION bloke
    A CHAMPION aboriginal

#westandwithadam but will never truely understand the hurt and hardship he went through.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Brandon Jack looks to the possibilities opened up by the documentary:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/w...19-p528py.html
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Simpletons messge: "Shut up and just play football."

So many good and bad memories in the doco.

Too many knuckleheads out there who will not care, and still call him a sook.
    They only hear what they want to hear.

Saddens me still, as I know it does for most of us, that we never got to see him finish his career as he should have:

A CHAMPION player
    A CHAMPION bloke
    A CHAMPION aboriginal

#westandwithadam but will never truely understand the hurt and hardship he went through.
    I was very pleasantly surprised to hear Mark Robinson explain to Gerard Whateley that he knew the psychology of knuckleheads more intimately than Whateley did, and that it was those knuckleheads who did the booing. I thought it was a point well made, and it raised Robbo several notches in my estimation.

But my God. Sam Newman. Over the years he has gone from being a run-of-the-mill private-school child of privilege with delusions about his intellectual prowess and comic talents to a sour, vicious old man who can't erase the sneer from his face despite God knows how many bouts of plastic surgery. He is more a tragic figure than anything.

And what a gutless weasel Alan Jones is, not even allowing his voice to be used.

Warming the Bench

Adam Goodes: Our Graceful Swan

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...-graceful-swan

My thoughts on our courageous hero and the Final Quarter, for the club website.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I was very pleasantly surprised to hear Mark Robinson explain to Gerard Whateley that he knew the psychology of knuckleheads more intimately than Whateley did, and that it was those knuckleheads who did the booing. I thought it was a point well made, and it raised Robbo several notches in my estimation.
    I've never really liked Robbo, but last night he was one of the few to make some passioned points for Goodes.

As yes knuckleheads sums many of them up perfectly!!

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Brandon Jack looks to the possibilities opened up by the documentary:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/w...19-p528py.html
    Brandon is a thoughtful man and excellent writer - nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by joemoore12 View Post
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...-graceful-swan

My thoughts on our courageous hero and the Final Quarter, for the club website.
    Very well said Joe. Just one comment though: you say, quite rightly, that Adam's exemplary human qualities are obvious for all to see....and yet, there are those who can't, or won't, see them, and we saw or heard from quite a few of them last night. What is so galling is how prominent and influential those morally blind people are. One thing the film makes clear is just how big a role was played by them, mostly but not exclusively in the Murdoch media. Without them it would have blown over quite quickly.

I have deliberately stayed away from social media today to avoid the hordes of knuckleheads, as Robbo called them, that are undoubtedly also out there peddling their ignorant bile.

Senior Player
    Many on here have attributed the lopsided free kick count in the 2016 GF as the reason why we lost. I’ve always seen this as one of four contributing factors. Aliir Aliir, who had been in spectacular form in the second half of that season, injuring his knee in the PF was another. A possibly underdone McVeigh and Mills being brought back for the GF was a third, but for me, the premature retirement of proven big game player Adam Goodes, courtesy of the ovine bogan hordes was the principal reason we lost to Footscray that day.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan