Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Rita Panahi is a mad Hawthorn supporter and she'd be aware it was Hawthorn supporters who were one of the instigators of the anti-Goodes treatment. Also during "The Offsiders" discussion about the Goodes issue, Caroline Wilson made the point that Hawthorn was not a happy participant in the AFL "apology" to Goodes and they have led the charge against anything associated with the Swans. - COLA, academy (but in my opinion they don't see a problem with raping lower clubs of their best players - but of course that is the dog-eat-dog, bully-boy world Kennett thrives in.)
    Kennett should give it away. Wore out his welcome a long time ago.along with McGuire.

Kennett doesn't like new-australians (distinguished by skin colour) doing security at AFL grounds either.

Ok, just finished watching the show. Took me 3 goes, but it's done.

What I would love to know is what exactly the AFL would do differently?.

At the time, I advocated the players abandoning a game. I stand by that. What a powerful message would it be if norf's captain had forfeited the game during the final. A big ask I know, but history would judge them far kinder than the 4th or 5th place they eventually got.
    Would have stopped the boos from then on.

Rita Panahi is a mad Hawthorn supporter and she'd be aware it was Hawthorn supporters who were one of the instigators of the anti-Goodes treatment. Also during "The Offsiders" discussion about the Goodes issue, Caroline Wilson made the point that Hawthorn was not a happy participant in the AFL "apology" to Goodes and they have led the charge against anything associated with the Swans. - COLA, academy (but in my opinion they don't see a problem with raping lower clubs of their best players - but of course that is the dog-eat-dog, bully-boy world Kennett thrives in.)
    Christ, I did not know this...just another reason to detest this piece of excrement

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Many on here have attributed the lopsided free kick count in the 2016 GF as the reason why we lost. I’ve always seen this as one of four contributing factors. Aliir Aliir, who had been in spectacular form in the second half of that season, injuring his knee in the PF was another. A possibly underdone McVeigh and Mills being brought back for the GF was a third, but for me, the premature retirement of proven big game player Adam Goodes, courtesy of the ovine bogan hordes was the principal reason we lost to Footscray that day.
    Seriously? Clearly you saw none of his games in his final season. He was clearly on his last legs, hence the reason he spent time in the reserves. Goodes was a great player, one of the best Swans players ever, but some of the Goodes love on this thread is overly absurd, even Goodes himself would be laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    +2 Great post! The above is clearly still evident in today's HS as I noticed paywall articles from Andrew Bolt who describes the Goodes doco as an explosion of hypocrisy from commentators desperate to paint Australia as racists & implying Adam is the problem and not his race! Plus another article from colleague Rita Panahi who describes the Goodes booing as nothing short of histrionic and dense, trying to rewrite history.

P.S. I've got my ticket to the 2nd Goodes Documentary "The Australian Dream" to be shown at the Melbourne Film Festival in a couple weeks.
    Andrew and Rita are right. Adam was booed because of the things he said and did, not because of his race. None of the other indigenous player were or are getting booed.

Why do think that A. Mundine is booed and Kathy Freeman is adored? Mundine is a dickhead and Kathy is a really nice person.

You and most of the other posters on here are stating that your own interpretation of the Goodes booing is factual when that isn't the case. Opinions differ on why Goodes was booed, and that's a fact.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Andrew and Rita are right. Adam was booed because of the things he said and did, not because of his race. None of the other indigenous player were or are getting booed.

Why do think that A. Mundine is booed and Kathy Freeman is adored? Mundine is a dickhead and Kathy is a really nice person.

You and most of the other posters on here are stating that your own interpretation of the Goodes booing is factual when that isn't the case. Opinions differ on why Goodes was booed, and that's a fact.
    Entitled to your opinion but are you suggesting Adam's a dickhead and not a decent person?

On the veteran's list
    You miss the point. Yes, Adam was booed because of the things he said and did - because as an indigenous person, the boo-ers believe he should know his place, keep his mouth shut and be suppliant to his superiors. That is more racist than booing him for the colour of his skin. He is being booed for his insolence in daring to act above his station. To the boo-ers, all the other indigenous players know their place - put on a show and shut up and everyone is happy.

Anyone who doesn't believe the booing was racist has never stood in a footy crowd in Melbourne and heard what is said about Adam. It is racist sputum of the most disgusting nature. I have been threatened several times for calling these racists what they really are, but all you get is group abuse. As my daughter likes to say: "Don't even try Dad, You can't teach stupid."
    Last edited by liz; 25th July 2019 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Please don't shout (ie capitalise). Unnecessary.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

You miss the point. Yes, Adam was booed because of the things he said and did - because as an indigenous person, the boo-ers believe he should know his place, keep his mouth shut and be suppliant to his superiors. That is more racist than booing him for the colour of his skin. He is being booed for his insolence in daring to act above his station. To the boo-ers, all the other indigenous players know their place - put on a show and shut up and everyone is happy.

Anyone who doesn't believe the booing was racist has never stood in a footy crowd in Melbourne and heard what is said about Adam. It is racist sputum of the most disgusting nature. I have been threatened several times for calling these racists what they really are, but all you get is group abuse. As my daughter likes to say: "Don't even try Dad, You can't teach stupid."
    Yes indeed. You just can't. People like Bolt and Panahi know they are pandering to racism and stupidity. They just don't care. It's a living after all.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Yes indeed. You just can't. People like Bolt and Panahi know they are pandering to racism and stupidity. They just don't care. It's a living after all.
    Yep, their employers have decided there is a market out there for all their mean-ness, and so these people have "jobs" currently. And when
    they eventually get laid off, they'll be able to have a petty squabble about the terms of their contract, and then have the option of trying to
    join their mate Mark Latham back on the tax payers bill. Classy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep, their employers have decided there is a market out there for all their mean-ness, and so these people have "jobs" currently. And when
    they eventually get laid off, they'll be able to have a petty squabble about the terms of their contract, and then have the option of trying to
    join their mate Mark Latham back on the tax payers bill. Classy.
    Rupert's News Limited and Fox News leading the charge.

The big difference in why Adam got booed and other indigenous players didn't, is that the others didn't have to suffer personal campaigns, by far-right, race obsessed, professional bigots, like Bolt, Devine, Jones, Panahi, etc, who used their privileged media positions to stir up the more easily led members of society.