Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Thread: The Final Quarter / The Australian Dream (AG documentaries) and related discussion

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I must be living in a parallel universe
    It's ok. It's definitely not you that's living in a parallel universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Can I repeat that I find constant attacks on the Swans greatest player on a Swans fan site quite offensive.
    And potentially traumatising.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Is there anything to be gained by keeping this thread open ? it’s inevitably going to descend into the same old @@@@show, as it has over and over and over . SSB’s opinion of Goodesy and the whole booing saga isn’t going to change . Get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure changing people's opinions is the measure of a valid discussion. I do hope you agree though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Not sure changing people's opinions is the measure of a valid discussion. I do hope you agree though.
    Don’t worry , I do. Look I get that, but these discussions continuously break down to a point where posts need to be deleted and posters warned over forum rules etc. and it just keeps happening , I just don’t understand what the point is of continuing to engage when you know exactly where it’s going to end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I must be living in a parallel universe
    Just shove a sock down your throat, that'll fix it
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Just shove a sock down your throat, that'll fix it
    There is something wrong with Jones. He is on (I guess) national radio. The Kiwis.... they are our friends. We don't have many.
    She is the elected Prime Minister. And he says that !

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    There is something wrong with Jones. He is on (I guess) national radio. The Kiwis.... they are our friends. We don't have many.
    She is the elected Prime Minister. And he says that !
    One day soon there will be a world without Alan and Rupert.

2 interesting articles about Adam Goodes in The Age today, one by Samantha Lane the other by Stan Grant:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p52hs0.html

Why Stan Grant remains hopeful about the future of Australia

I just read this article on Goodes and the AFL. I was still in denial to some extent, but it looks as though we have lost the great man forever from our code. I hope he feels something more positive for the club though.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...16-p52hs0.html

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    In summary, what you're saying is that you should be allowed to slander the reputations and names of good people like Jones, Bolt, Panahi, et al, unfettered and without judgement, but no one should be allowed to defend the right of those to have their opinion or to defend their reputations? I know that's how China and the ABC work but it's not morally right. Maybe the thread should be in the sandpit where it really should have been in the first place?
    Love from,
    Your Intemperate Poster.
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    The funniest thing is I think you could be serious.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    The funniest thing is I think you could be serious.
    He actually is Annie....you're right, if one didn't laugh, one would cry.

In the minds of the 'entitled' right winger, simply disagreeing is slander and an attack on their 'freedom of speech'....and then they talk about 'morals'. The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Im all for free speech. The problem is that RWO doesn't allow it. I'm just pointing out that hypocracy; because those words I used are the exact words that others keep throwing at me.

It's open slather to slander the names of people like Panahi, Bolt, Newman, et al, ...
    *hypocrisy
    I'd like to ask you a question... do you think that Alan Jones' attack on the New Zealand prime minister (a woman), i.e. telling our prime minister (a card carrying happy-clapper) to "shove a sock down her throat" was something that would entice violence against women? Is that OK, or would it be "slander" to pull him up on it? Is it ok if I say that as well as being racist, he's misogynistic? It still makes him lesser of a person.

Alan Jones: Advertisers pull ads from 2GB show after Jacinda Ardern comments

Seems the advertisers don't agree with his views either. Not as archaic as some.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 19th August 2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243