Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Date confusion re ticket sale for Semi-final v Crows

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    ANZ members are being offered seats in the Brewongle stand.
    A friend just got their tickets.... Brewongle 5, Row G (i.e. premium seating).
    Redbacks are sitting in Brewongle 2.
    My understanding is they are only selling in category 1 (premium) at the moment. The rest of the categories are unavailable.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think most of us agree with you. The first AFL memo (the one that said member bookings open 9am Monday) said one ticket per member - which was as I expected. I was very surprised when the revised memo (changing booking period to Tuesday) said two tickets per member.

I hope someone hasn't made a mistake in the revised wording. This could cause a lot of anger for members who miss out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    My understanding is they are only selling in category 1 (premium) at the moment. The rest of the categories are unavailable.
    That's right Dan, but ANZ members can buy two tickets per membership.
    There will be tears come Wednesday.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

That's right Dan, but ANZ members can buy two tickets per membership.
    There will be tears come Wednesday.
    No, just to clarify for everyone:

ANZ members - one ticket per membership, max ten tickets in one transaction (which means that ten paxcard numbers would need to be entered to get ten tickets). ANZ availability is 5,000. They are only selling in Category 1 at the moment and if this continues, Club members will have access to the full allocation of Cat 2-4 plus any leftover Cat 1s.
    Club members - two tickets per membership, max ten tickets in one transaction (which means that five barcodes would need to be entered to get ten tickets). If you want a family pass, the system needs to see a minimum one adult and one junior barcode to get the four-member family pass.

No, just to clarify for everyone:

ANZ members - one ticket per membership, max ten tickets in one transaction (which means that ten paxcard numbers would need to be entered to get ten tickets). ANZ availability is 5,000. They are only selling in Category 1 at the moment and if this continues, Club members will have access to the full allocation of Cat 2-4 plus any leftover Cat 1s.
    Club members - two tickets per membership, max ten tickets in one transaction (which means that five barcodes would need to be entered to get ten tickets). If you want a family pass, the system needs to see a minimum one adult and one junior barcode to get the four-member family pass.
    My friend has one ANZ membership and just bought two tickets on it.
    Suss.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Senior Player
    This two tickets per Swans membership thing. It may not be the end of the earth, not unless everyone made a new friend since Saturday that they just have to
    go to the game with. We have four memberships, but I'm still only going to try and buy four tickets tomorrow (not 8).
    Also there seemed to be quite a few empty seats in the ANZ member area on Saturday. Are they suddenly going to want to go to the SCG when they didn't go to their
    own stadium?
    Last edited by KTigers; 12th September 2016 at 12:51 PM.

My friend has one ANZ membership and just bought two tickets on it.
    Suss.
    Hmmm, I'd double check that.

Pushing for Selection
    Looking at the 2016 Toyota AFL Finals - SCG seating plan the Brewongle, Churchill, O'Reilly Stands are all Cat 1. Victor Trumper Stand is Cat 1 with the exception of the back rows and bay 318 which are Cat2. Don Bradman Stand bays 240 to 251 are also Cat 1 with the remaining bays on that level Trust Members. So if ANZ members restricted to the one area in Brewongle there should be plenty of good seats available tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    This two tickets per Swans membership thing. It may not be the end of the earth, not unless everyone made a new friend since Saturday that they just have to
    go to the game with. We have four memberships, but I'm still only going to try and buy four tickets tomorrow (not 8).
    Also there seemed to be quite a few empty seats in the ANZ member area on Saturday. Are they suddenly going to want to go to the SCG when they didn't go their
    own stadium?
    Spewing that my "usual" seats in bay 129 were empty. What a waste.

Hmmm, I'd double check that.
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzza View Post
    Looking at the 2016 Toyota AFL Finals - SCG seating plan the Brewongle, Churchill, O'Reilly Stands are all Cat 1. Victor Trumper Stand is Cat 1 with the exception of the back rows and bay 318 which are Cat2. Don Bradman Stand bays 240 to 251 are also Cat 1 with the remaining bays on that level Trust Members. So if ANZ members restricted to the one area in Brewongle there should be plenty of good seats available tomorrow morning.
    That's interesting. When the AFL announced they were freezing pricing for finals, I pointed out that the AFL is like a multinational food company; when it knows it's already fleecing customers on price, it drops the product size to hide the fact that it's fleecing you even more. The seats on the fringes of a lower category could be a higher category this year.

This is exactly what they've done. I've compared the 2015 major event SCG seating plan with the AFL finals seating plan (Seat Pricing Guide - AFL.com.au) and all of the Victor Trumper areas that are usually Gold Cat 3 (which is most of the top block) plus a small strip of Premium Gold Cat 2, have all been revised to Platinum Cat 1.

Like the never ending shrinking packet of TimTams.

I did.
    You better have did.

That's interesting. When the AFL announced they were freezing pricing for finals, I pointed out that the AFL is like a multinational food company; when it knows it's already fleecing customers on price, it drops the product size to hide the fact that it's fleecing you even more. The seats on the fringes of a lower category could be a higher category this year.

This is exactly what they've done. I've compared the 2015 major event SCG seating plan with the AFL finals seating plan (Seat Pricing Guide - AFL.com.au) and all of the Victor Trumper areas that are usually Gold Cat 3 (which is most of the top block) plus a small strip of Premium Gold Cat 2, have all been revised to Platinum Cat 1.

Like the never ending shrinking packet of TimTams.
    I love how, to the AFL, last week's GA entry is now platinum category 1.
    Especially at the granny... the more you pay for your seat, the crapper it is.

Pushing for Selection
    My brother works with a ANZ member who has been given Bay 446 which is Cat 4 MA Noble Stand.

Who knows what they are doing!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast