Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Date confusion re ticket sale for Semi-final v Crows

Warming the Bench

Date confusion re ticket sale for Semi-final v Crows

Hi everyone, just be careful when you get your email tonight re finals tickets. On the email it says on sale as from Tuesday 13th September, but on the Swans website and on Ticketek, they are on sale as from Monday 12th September at 9.00am. Would be a shame to miss out on the better seats due to this.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindo View Post
    Hi everyone, just be careful when you get your email tonight re finals tickets. On the email it says on sale as from Tuesday 13th September, but on the Swans website and on Ticketek, they are on sale as from Monday 12th September at 9.00am. Would be a shame to miss out on the better seats due to this.
    It seems Tuesday is the correct date, saw this on the Swans website -

Please note: It had previously been published that the member pre-sale for week 2 would take place on Monday, September 12. The pre-sale has been moved to 9am-1pm on Tuesday, September 13 to ensure the maximum number of tickets will be available for competing club members to purchase during their priority period.

Finals Week One - sydneyswans.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    It seems Tuesday is the correct date, saw this on the Swans website -

Please note: It had previously been published that the member pre-sale for week 2 would take place on Monday, September 12. The pre-sale has been moved to 9am-1pm on Tuesday, September 13 to ensure the maximum number of tickets will be available for competing club members to purchase during their priority period.

Finals Week One - sydneyswans.com.au
    I think the stated explaination is a smoke screen of sorts. They are selling tickets on Monday to ANZ stadium members. As part of the contract negotiations regarding moving the finals back to SCG the ANZ stadium had a guaranteed number of tickets for their members. I recall hearing 5000. I would assume they are selling up to 5000 tickets tomorrow and then if there any of those 5000 remaining they will be added to the competing members allocation for sale on Tuesday hence "ensuring the maximum number of tickets available to competing club members"

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think the stated explaination is a smoke screen of sorts. They are selling tickets on Monday to ANZ stadium members. As part of the contract negotiations regarding moving the finals back to SCG the ANZ stadium had a guaranteed number of tickets for their members. I recall hearing 5000. I would assume they are selling up to 5000 tickets tomorrow and then if there any of those 5000 remaining they will be added to the competing members allocation for sale on Tuesday hence "ensuring the maximum number of tickets available to competing club members"
    I think you're right.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Warming the Bench
    Yes, just noticed the correction at the bottom of the email, but the links are confusing. If you click on 'More info' it goes into the the AFL site, and says Monday and only 1 ticket per club member! But as mentioned above, this must be for AFL members - so why have it on the emails that go out to the actual club members?

Veteran Site Admin
    It's a little irritating that you can buy two seats per membership. Great for those who want to bring a friend, but given the membership numbers and the relative lack of capacity, it increases the chances that some members will miss out on buying even one seat for their membership. Would prefer that there is an initial period where you can only buy one seat per membership, and then maybe a later member priority period where you can buy a couple. That way it gives some preference to members who want to increase their chances of getting a seat, while still giving members the chance to buy tickets for them and friends ahead of the general public sale period.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's a little irritating that you can buy two seats per membership. Great for those who want to bring a friend, but given the membership numbers and the relative lack of capacity, it increases the chances that some members will miss out on buying even one seat for their membership. Would prefer that there is an initial period where you can only buy one seat per membership, and then maybe a later member priority period where you can buy a couple. That way it gives some preference to members who want to increase their chances of getting a seat, while still giving members the chance to buy tickets for them and friends ahead of the general public sale period.
    I agree Liz and posted this exact concern in another thread. Giving that the capacity will be reduced as their will be tickets for ANZ members and SCG Trust Members + I suspect a lot of Adelaide members will want tickets there will not be a lot of availability.

Veterans List
    I don't understand this.

"To purchase a family ticket you must enter two valid adult club member barcodes and one OR two valid junior club member barcodes."

If you can get 2 tix per member why do I need a junior member code as well to buy a family ticket?

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Bindo View Post
    Have just been to Ticketek outlet only to be told tickets at the moment are only being sold to ANZ members. Swans members tomorrow.

Monday sale is for ANZ members through Ticketek; and Redback members through the club.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

How do they justify first dibs to ANZ members in front of Swans/Adelaide members?? At the very least club members should have equal billing and access.

The only thing in our favour is Ticketek in their usual shambolic selling patterns will fill the less than premium seats first and give the Club members good seats tomorrow.

I'd be interested to hear from any ANZ members on where the Category 1 seats were offered in today's sale...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    How do they justify first dibs to ANZ members in front of Swans/Adelaide members?? At the very least club members should have equal billing and access.

The only thing in our favour is Ticketek in their usual shambolic selling patterns will fill the less than premium seats first and give the Club members good seats tomorrow.

I'd be interested to hear from any ANZ members on where the Category 1 seats were offered in today's sale...
    Only way they are trying to justify it is I expect whatever is left of the 5000 tickets on offer will go back into the pool for members tomorrow.

If it had of been me, they would of been getting all the restricted view tickets as a starting point....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast