Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP

Clubs can appeal MRP penalties at the Tribunal. Can they appeal failure to apply a penalty?

Not that the Swans would do so. But this decision on the Mumford tackle makes a mockery of the AFL saying at the beginning of this season that they would crack down on sling tackles this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I am not usually a critic of the MRP - but their rationale for no action on the Mumford tackle on Tippett has me baffled. I've extracted some of it below.

A key point according to the MRP is that Tippett's head made no contact with the ground during the tackle. I can see Tippett's head bouncing off the ground in the video (makes me wince every time I look at it). Are they saying this happened after the tackle was completed so doesn't count?

His head only hit the ground because of the tackle - he was banged into the ground so hard that, without any opportunity to protect himself (because Mumford had his arm pinned) the momentum then caused his head to bounce off the ground.

Am I imagining Tippett's head hitting the ground when I watch the video??

"Mumford has hold of Tippett's right arm while Whitfield's tackle falls to the thing/knee area, off-balancing the Sydney player. Tippett's right shoulder and right side of his body make contact with the turf, while his head does not hit the ground at any stage during the tackle. Tippett remains on the ground after the play is completed. After discussion with the club and the receipt of a medical report, the MRP was able to determine that player Tippett had been injured in an earlier ruck contest but sustained no injury specific to this tackle. It was the view of the panel that the absence of any head contact to the ground and insufficient forceful body contact meant that no charge would be laid. No further action was taken."
    Without mummy GWS are average TBH and GWS wont make it to the dance, much to the disgrace of a certain stakeholder who happens to be El Patron.

Hope that clears why mummy hasnt been suspended even though Tippett damaged his jaw and will miss out on a final from an illegal tackle.

I swear i want to drive down to docklands tonight and in massive fluro industrial spray paint (takes a long time to remove) cross out the AFL and paint FIFA next to it and then write Mike "Sepp Blatter" Fitzpatrick all over AFL HQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Bam. Not only head hitting the ground, his jaw at that.Attachment 1627
    Are there any grounds for Tippett to take Dumbford and the AFL to court for damages? Or the club to appeal mummies decision? Something got be done, because this is like cops getting off a charge of assault even with sufficient video evidence.

And Dumbford made a bold claim that he will got out an injure a few swans last week and he ended up doing just that.

And IMHO Dumbford holds a lot of resentment towards Tippett and Buddy. There was a ball up in the first few minutes of the game where the big moron said a few choice words to Tippett which caught buddies attention to which both reacted.

I know I am being all hyperbolic, but enough is enough.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Without mummy GWS are average TBH and GWS wont make it to the dance, much to the disgrace of a certain stakeholder who happens to be El Patron.

Hope that clears why mummy hasnt been suspended even though Tippett damaged his jaw and will miss out on a final from an illegal tackle.

I swear i want to drive down to docklands tonight and in massive fluro industrial spray paint (takes a long time to remove) cross out the AFL and paint FIFA next to it and then write Mike "Sepp Blatter" Fitzpatrick all over AFL HQs.

DO IT!!!!!

Also remember Tippetts condition at the crows when there was talk of one more concussion could end his career? What if Dumbford has caused some brain trauma that will be later dedicated?

I really hate Shane Dumbford, to the point i am ready to photoshop him from 2012 pic..might as well as he was next to useless that day.

Veterans List
    * Todays Quiz* ...In the following photo, identify 1: a thug, 2: a possible drug cheat, and 3: a decent human being.........JK swan-gwsportrait.jpg

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Also remember Tippetts condition at the crows when there was talk of one more concussion could end his career? What if Dumbford has caused some brain trauma that will be later dedicated?

I really hate Shane Dumbford, to the point i am ready to photoshop him from 2012 pic..might as well as he was next to useless that day.
    Word is he knew he was cooked before the game but too selfish to call it. Deserves to be photoshopped out.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    * Todays Quiz* ...In the following photo, identify 1: a thug, 2: a possible drug cheat, and 3: a decent human being.........JK swan-gwsportrait.jpg
    GW$ are such a pack of @@@@ blokes, but what do you expect when they were all trained by the biggest moron in the AFL and true @@@@bloke, Kevin Sheedy. And now with Heath "in the spectrum" Shaw mentoring them, they have become even bigger mouthy over confident @@@@s on the field.

Do we remember a few years ago Toby Greene was out drunk and punching on with anyone who would look at him sideways?

Word is he knew he was cooked before the game but too selfish to call it. Deserves to be photoshopped out.
    The guys proudest achievement is eating 100 or so sausages, real high achiever, so it doesn't surprise me he lied to get that premiership medal. Has nothing going for him TBH.

I have always called him moose from Archie comics.

MRP: Johnson offered one-game ban, Mummy in the clear - M.afl.com.au

Careless
    I say deliberate when going for a player with the ball and u hit the head
    Sure we all came from an era that u smash people off the ball - fairly
    But if u roll the dice and miss that's ur problem not the recipient

Loosing Kennedy for 20mins at that stage of the game was smart by the Giants --- very smart

Dear oh dear. Some irrational crap on here.

[/B]

DO IT!!!!!
    heheh I am tempted BUT I dont know what my wife and daughter will think about a grown man going out in the early hours of the morning to paint some slogans. I mean they already have to put up with my AFL ranting at home LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Dear oh dear. Some irrational crap on here.
    Yeah and footy is an irrational game that brings out irrational emotions in everyone, thats footy and thats life.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast