Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MRP

By clearing mumford they are basically telling him he can get away with his thuggery for as long as they are in the series

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Without mummy GWS are average TBH and GWS wont make it to the dance, much to the disgrace of a certain stakeholder who happens to be El Patron.

Hope that clears why mummy hasnt been suspended even though Tippett damaged his jaw and will miss out on a final from an illegal tackle.

I swear i want to drive down to docklands tonight and in massive fluro industrial spray paint (takes a long time to remove) cross out the AFL and paint FIFA next to it and then write Mike "Sepp Blatter" Fitzpatrick all over AFL HQs.
    If I were in Melbourne I'd swap contact details with you and I'd be your accomplice. The AFL are so corrupt that it's springing me into action.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    If I were in Melbourne I'd swap contact details with you and I'd be your accomplice. The AFL are so corrupt that it's springing me into action.
    I let it slide a few years ago as people were telling me i was nuts for letting it consume me, but since the buddy deal we have been trashed for no other reason except envy from the rest of the comp and disdain from El Patron.

I have had enough, because the swans are such a professional outfit, well run and should be held as an example on how to run a successful club, but our brand is being tarnished by a small group of blokes from yesteryear with strong associations with unethical clubs. Then these same clubs are held high by the fanbois who work for the AFL media.

A few weeks ago when we signed the 3.5 million $ deal with qatar airlines, Andrew Bolt wannabe Rita Parahana wrote a pathetic article slamming the swans for the deal due to qatar issues with homosexuality and us playing in a pride game. Lost on this pig was the fact the club she supports is so unethical it makes most of its money from setting up pokie dens in poor areas. Plus it was another chance for that racist pig to use her News Limited dog whistle.

And now an artificial club with zero true fanbase (go read the stories of GWS fans..most of them used to support us or another club) has been given so many concessions and is being looked after by its number one stakeholder all for the sake of profits that will only be seen by a select few.

I have had enough tbh.

Veterans List
    This is all pretty consistent with most final series, and frankly fair enough, you want the best players out there. I think however the precedent set with Johnson is hard to swallow - if you were playing Geelong, think there are those that would look at that decision and think that's a price they'd be prepared to pay to take a Dangerfield out of the game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It is remarkable how they could state that his head didn't hit the ground. You can even see there is a gap between Tippett's waist and the ground because he was on an angle.

I swear i want to drive down to docklands tonight and in massive fluro industrial spray paint (takes a long time to remove) cross out the AFL and paint FIFA next to it and then write Mike "Sepp Blatter" Fitzpatrick all over AFL HQs.
    I have heard in the past since the trade ban fiasco that his nickname is actually Mike Fitzblatter!

I saw that the 2 hawk players got off with the "insufficient force" excuse yet again. How many times has that been this year? Yet the Geelong player received a fine for the little tap to Cyril's stomach because he fell down like he was shot!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It is remarkable how they could state that his head didn't hit the ground. You can even see there is a gap between Tippett's waist and the ground because he was on an angle.

I have heard in the past since the trade ban fiasco that his nickname is actually Mike Fitzblatter!

I saw that the 2 hawk players got off with the "insufficient force" excuse yet again. How many times has that been this year? Yet the Geelong player received a fine for the little tap to Cyril's stomach because he fell down like he was shot!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    I cant get over Hodges punch to the side with intent. It was a kidney punch.

Yet nada.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    This is all pretty consistent with most final series, and frankly fair enough, you want the best players out there. I think however the precedent set with Johnson is hard to swallow - if you were playing Geelong, think there are those that would look at that decision and think that's a price they'd be prepared to pay to take a Dangerfield out of the game.
    It's simple really. There is an incentive for teams to copy the NHL. Send out your interchange player who is a bruiser, and take out the opposition best player.

No sin bin or red card here, so you give away a free kick and 50 meters at worst on the pitch, and you remove a $600K+ player from the game, maybe from the next few games as well.

Avoid a major ban by targeting the knees or ankle, rather than going for the head. Or go kneeing them like Mitchell did forever until there was enough social media outcry that he got a fine.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do people seriously think Johnson tried to knock Joey out with his shoulder? I know the guy is great at working angles, but that's pretty flattering to think he could line that one up.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    It's simple really. There is an incentive for teams to copy the NHL. Send out your interchange player who is a bruiser, and take out the opposition best player.

No sin bin or red card here, so you give away a free kick and 50 meters at worst on the pitch, and you remove a $600K+ player from the game, maybe from the next few games as well.

Avoid a major ban by targeting the knees or ankle, rather than going for the head. Or go kneeing them like Mitchell did forever until there was enough social media outcry that he got a fine.

Straight out of the "Kevin Sheedy Manual" on how to play finals. Our biggest flaw is we dont have anyone ballsy enough to take a suspension for the team nor are we a club that has that @@@@ty bastard edge and win at all costs type mentality.

Straight out of the "Kevin Sheedy Manual" on how to play finals. Our biggest flaw is we dont have anyone ballsy enough to take a suspension for the team nor are we a club that has that @@@@ty bastard edge and win at all costs type mentality.
    I feel the last time we had this was 2005-2006. We've lost that spirit imo.

Senior Player
    I don't want our team to do this. But the AFL is condoning selected other teams doing similar by not sanctioning players who try to hurt other players intentionally... Hodge lining up and crunching a player's head between his hip and shoulder and the goal post anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I don't want our team to do this. But the AFL is condoning selected other teams doing similar by not sanctioning players who try to hurt other players intentionally... Hodge lining up and crunching a player's head between his hip and shoulder and the goal post anyone?
    Yep that was terrible and then he gets caught drink driving but the narrative all along has been how much of a top bloke he is. And then on Friday night when things weren't going his way he was at it again with intent and punches to the kidney area while player wasnt looking. The expression on his face when he did it reminded me of the alpha bullies at school who would punch someone really hard while looking away. Tough man stuff.

I think its time the club start to have an edge, because being nice guys who play within the rules and spirit of the code is kinda being laughed at, especially when the comp is run by ex players who thrived on punching back of heads and throwing elbows around when they played in the 70s and 80s.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast