Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy & Jack taunted by Mumford

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Mental health issues should be as taboo as racist comments. It's akin to taunting someone because they have cancer. Tasteless and puerile.
    If we legislate and ban all sledging that was tasteless and puerile then we would have no on field chat whatsoever.
    People have a choice about being offended by something and the world has so many truly offensive things happening that being offended by this comment seems somehow offensive to me ????

Senior Player
    Yes, but all sledging is lame. People with fully developed adult brains don't do it. That rules out most footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The "Jack stuff" might be fair game, but how lame is it? What doesn't he say to Jack? Your mummy and daddy don't like you?

Have the swans forgotten they have a sudden death final this weekend. Forget about GWS ffs.

Senior Player
    The truth is that we only won the flag in 2012 because Mumford was subbed off. Suck it up Mummy!

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

What did I say about Dumbford? This confirms it.

Not welcomed back ever. The photoshop will commence today.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, but all sledging is lame. People with fully developed adult brains don't do it. That rules out most footballers.
    I am sick to death of sledging being an acceptable part of sports in Australia.

While funny banter is OK spending time thinking how low you can go and what boundaries you push on the field is typical 'straya bullying behaviour. We can thank our cricketers for making sledging OK.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    I am sick to death of sledging being an acceptable part of sports in Australia.

While funny banter is OK spending time thinking how low you can go and what boundaries you push on the field is typical 'straya bullying behaviour. We can thank our cricketers for making sledging OK.
    I've always though sledging was a sign of weakness. It shows you don't think you can beat your opponent on skill alone.

- - - Updated - - -

And this all begs the question:

If a GWS / Hawthorn Preliminary Final eventuates, who do we want to win?

Agree with Barry actually , the GWS game is history, nothing can change the result, move on bigtime and do what has to be done to beat the Crows ...
    Will not be good for our mental health to lose another final.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Sorry guys but I don't see a problem with that comment. Pretty mild.
    Anyone with experience having a mental health issue or being close to someone who has, would find to comment to be based on ignorance.

Speaking generally about sporting sledging, it really should be limited to those who are both sufficiently intelligent and sensitive. In other words a high IQ and a high EQ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok so poor pikey lost an arm and if you were behind the team when this shot was taken, then you have been multiplied! Its a rush 10 min job but better than nothing

Spread it people and if anyone has twitter post to the swans and buddy and include dumbford, i am sure he uses twitter...oh and GWS.
    Last edited by kilroyII; 13th September 2016 at 09:18 AM.

Senior Player
    A mental health issue is not that dissimilar from having a disability. A part of your body not working as it should. It is not ok to taunt someone with a mental health issue. However, having said that, if this account of what Mumford said is accurate, it appears more thoughtless than vicious.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    A mental health issue is not that dissimilar from having a disability. A part of your body not working as it should. It is not ok to taunt someone with a mental health issue. However, having said that, if this account of what Mumford said is accurate, it appears more thoughtless than vicious.
    Dumbford is dopey, the guy lacks any brains and is very lucky to be playing footy, let alone earning a wage of half a million bucks.

Its interesting and maddening at the same time reading and seeing how older male supporters online dont think much of sledging someone about their mental health, while younger fans online can understand its no no and mental illness is a very serious thing.

I think the older supporters should actually back away about this and learn that in these modern times race, sexuality, religion and mental health is not something you bully someone over and male depression is a real issue, not something you dismiss while telling someone to harden the @@@@ up over it, that attitude is exactly why we are trying to beat the stigma attached to mental health.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast