Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy & Jack taunted by Mumford

Buddy & Jack taunted by Mumford

Apparently Mumford had a go at both Buddy (mental health) and Jack (family issues) during the game. Whilst I understand it's a mental game as much as it is physical, this oversteps the mark. Play hard, play tough, play fair. Have some respect for other players.

Not to cry over spilt milk as we lost the match. But GWS physically (JPK) and mentally (Buddy & Jack) stepped over the mark. Really disgusting in my book and totally unprofessional!

Senior Player
    What a disgusting grubby team if they have to do that and take out players to win

Quote Originally Posted by vleung1208 View Post
    Apparently Mumford had a go at both Buddy (mental health) and Jack (family issues) during the game. Whilst I understand it's a mental game as much as it is physical, this oversteps the mark. Play hard, play tough, play fair. Have some respect for other players.

Not to cry over spilt milk as we lost the match. But GWS physically (JPK) and mentally (Buddy & Jack) stepped over the mark. Really disgusting in my book and totally unprofessional!
    If it is true, then I've lost a lot of respect for Mumford. He has always played hard and on the edge on the field physically, and that has always been part of his game. But sledging like that I only associate with sniperish types the like of Stevie J or Sam Mitchell.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Welcome to the I hate them fan club.
    It's been five years. I've been very lonely.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    The Jack stuff is fair game (as was going Whitfield over his drug testing) but attacking over mental health isn't terribly distinct from vilification.

Making mental health fair game sends a horrible and harmful message to people with mental health issues.

Mental health discrimination in the workplace is rightfully one of the dimensions of unlawful discrimination and harassment and I don't think sledging should ever go to such places.

Very very disappointed.

Veteran Site Admin
    The "Jack stuff" might be fair game, but how lame is it? What doesn't he say to Jack? Your mummy and daddy don't like you?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The "Jack stuff" might be fair game, but how lame is it? What doesn't he say to Jack? Your mummy and daddy don't like you?
    I wondered about that too Liz - how exactly do you taunt effectively along those lines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Welcome to the I hate them fan club.
    It's been five years. I've been very lonely.
    I hope there isn't a waiting list to join the club Annie!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Annie I have hated them since day 1 and could never understand how you could support swans and GWS

The sledgers that resort to that sort of stuff ultimately just expose themselves for what they - an unintelligent, disrespectful @@@@ person.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hmmm? If you told someone whose nickname is Mummy to go @@@@ himself, would you be calling him a mother@@@@er?
    I do wonder about these little mysteries?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by vleung1208 View Post

Apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Annie I have hated them since day 1 and could never understand how you could support swans and GWS
    Posters in these pages have taunted me for hating them with such passion.
    Not going to their home game against the swans because I didn't want to put money in their wallets made people's heads spin and call me all sorts of crazy things (like I'm not a true swans supporter because I didn't go to a BOGANS home game - I did buy a guernsey from the swans shop though!).

Now... oh feel the hate.
    Bandwagoners.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast