Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Grand Final Day Thread - Saturday 17th September

Almost Football Legend

RWO Grand Final Day Thread - Saturday 17th September

We've made it to the final day of footy for the year - Grand Final Day.

Saturday 17th September

Blacktown International Sportspark
    9:45am - Under 19s Division One - North Shore Bombers v UNSW-ES Bulldogs
    12:15pm - Division One - UTS Bats v St George Dragons
    3:15pm - Premier Division - East Coast Eagles v St George Dragons

Good luck to everyone who is playing, coaching or umpiring on Saturday.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    interesting match ups amongst all grades.....you would have to think East Coast are glad they are not at Henson like last year but they would be watching the backs after st George pumped 10 goals through in the last quarter on the weekend.....im tipping a close one in all 3 games......Can Mudgey finally break through for that flag? been a long time coming for him and St George......congrats to st George for their clubs efforts to have their 1s and 2s on the grand final I can only imagine how much of a buzz that is this week at the club and for east coast to lose the players they had last year and be so dominant again is a testimate to their system and coaching....

Im tipping

UNSW for the upset john blakeys son (apparently an absolute gun) to dominate and shock the high flying bombers

St George to be too strong in depth and pace on Blacktown for UTS.

East coast to break through chockers tag, they love blacktown won 3 flags there and didn't look out of strid in the semi against st George (although could go either way)

for those teams sake I hope I haven't given you all the kiss of death

With North Shore prems losing on Sunday afternoon, it'd be hard to see them losing against UNSW/ES this weekend. Surely they would have a few ins on that front.

Id say we are underdogs in both. Lost all 3 games against the opposition in regular season and finals 2 weeks ago.

That said, everyone bar 1 player in div 1 last week had been playing prems recently. Couple more to come back as well. Should be a cracking weekend. Party bus on the way out there. Boom box will be cranking.

Almost Football Legend
    I think most neutrals would like to see St George get up - it's been a long time between drinks for the Dragons. But I can't help thinking the Eagles will be too strong.

It's a shame it's not on Sunday, I would have been a starter...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side
    A big win to ECE today!!!!
    It's days like this I miss Humphrey.

Congrats to east coast. Def the better side. Not sure about having the supporters walk in front of the st george supporters though.

Almost Football Legend
    Was sitting in the grandstand and could see the Eagles group moving to change ends and were going to be going past the Dragon Army. Blind Freddie could see what was going to happen.

After the game the St George crew on the hill were cleaning up their mess. Never seen that before. Well done.

Almost Football Legend
    But as for the game, the Eagles were clearly the better side when it mattered. Not much in it at half time, but that third quarter was lethal. Kieran Emery had a good game, but I'll have to admit I was expecting Jamie Vlatko's name to be called out for the Podbury Medal.
    Congratulations to the Eagles, easily the best side all year. I'll have the report up tomorrow; but they were worthy winners.

Yes, well done to the Eagles, though I had hoped for a different result.
    Not a great look for the Eagles ruckman who came on for his first run, lasted 20 seconds before getting yellow-carded for a cowardly fore-arm right on front of the grandstand. I've seen him play NEAFL in Canberra at Ainslie and I can tell you that he's not the most legitimate footballer going around. Nor the coach's favourite. But good that he was made to sit in the dunce's chair right in front of the crowd.
    I thought the Podbury could have gone to Dimery, but either Jamie Vlatko or Emery would have been worthy winners too.

Well done again to the Western Suburbs Magpies for a great month of canteens, and for their busy work around the boundary doing all the little jobs. We hope that they will profit handsomely from it all, both in money terms and team-building.

And well done to the St George army too. I thought it was ok for the Baulko fans to walk past them, and you would expect a bit of lip as they went by, considering the scoreboard. From the grandstand we noticed that it all got away a bit, from one St George meat-head, but his mates were able to bring common sense to the situation. (Mind you, those two beefy security guys would have cooled down MY ambitions too !)
    Commiserations to the Dragons on losing two grand finals but, like Norris, I thought it was really classy after the losses and the skirmish and taunts, that they had the character to clean up their mess after themselves. Well done Dragons !

saviour01 - what's wrong with the Eagles supporters walking in front of the St George supporters?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast