Thread: Saints scrap extra Carlisle ban, recruit set for round one

Saints scrap extra Carlisle ban, recruit set for round one

From afl.com.au

Jake Carlisle will be available for selection in round one next season. JAKE Carlisle won't have to serve an additional two-game ban, which was handed to him days after he joined St Kilda.

The ban for 'conduct prejudicial to the code' came after he accepted a strike under the AFL's illicit drugs code.

Hours after being traded to St Kilda, Carlisle became embroiled in a fresh scandal after a social media video emerged which showed him snorting a white substance.

The suspension for two premiership season matches came at the insistence of the AFL.

However, as he returned to St Kilda's Seaford training base for the first time on Wednesday, the club announced his ban had been 'served concurrently'.

"Carlisle�s St Kilda-imposed two-game sanction has been served concurrently as part of his anti-doping suspension, allowing him to be eligible for selection for 2017 pre-season games," the club said.

It means Carlisle will be able to make his St Kilda debut in round one next season.

"I'm a happy man, just got to move forward from here."

the AFL insists on a 2 game ban, but it can be served while he's already banned?! That is pointless!

When they convict criminals with multiple life sentences, they're consecutive, I've never heard a judge say "for you heinous act, I sentence you to jail for 10 life sentences ... but that's ok, you can serve them all at the same time ... and with good behaviour you'll be out in 7 ... you do play for the Hawks, right?"

Carlisle sure is "a happy man", he just earned himself a bounds 2 rounds of match payments!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Love how the AFL 'independently' reports it.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

That should have been "a bonus 2 rounds of match payments"