Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is the Hype? 2016 GRAND FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Guessing it was the Parra coach.

It has been a shambles though. I asked about a player who was given a week for striking when he was actually red-carded for umpire abuse. The reporting umpire on the website did not even officiate at that game. He obviously copped with week with glee, enabling him to play in a premiership winning GF. My reply when I questioned it was the standard ICAC reply "I don't recall"
    What club was the player from SHH?

Div 2 premiers. Thought you may have guessed

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Who was this?
    The most colourful personality in Sydney footy, and other comps would most likely remember him like that too.
    He seems to get colourful at this time of year and we anxiously await his next interesting move.

- - - Updated - - -

...It has been a shambles though. I asked about a player who was given a week for striking when he was actually red-carded for umpire abuse. The reporting umpire on the website did not even officiate at that game. He obviously copped with week with glee, enabling him to play in a premiership winning GF. My reply when I questioned it was the standard ICAC reply "I don't recall"
    That's a massive call, SHH, and brings into question the veracity of the SFL - we can only hope you got the facts a bit mixed up.

Pushing for Selection
    Guessing it was the Parra coach.

It has been a shambles though. I asked about a player who was given a week for striking when he was actually red-carded for umpire abuse. The reporting umpire on the website did not even officiate at that game. He obviously copped with week with glee, enabling him to play in a premiership winning GF. My reply when I questioned it was the standard ICAC reply "I don't recall"
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story they say.

Div 2 premiers. Thought you may have guessed
    Looking at the website it clearly shows the player in question accepting a one week ban for umpire abuse which was served against Penrith in the final and he played in the GF.

Cant see a problem here.

Roo and Justa, have sent you a PM

Send me one too.

Obvisouly you don't like sharing what you know SHH...
    IMO your boys couldn't show up when needed and beat the over paid pussycats and then pretty boys from the north.
    But.... It's okay because seems like there is a fair amount of movement beginning to happen around the south west parts of town so will be interesting if their promotion is going to be more of a failure then success..

Ps- love that Pekay is still sniffing around

Quote Originally Posted by The Advocate View Post
    Obvisouly you don't like sharing what you know SHH...
    IMO your boys couldn't show up when needed and beat the over paid pussycats and then pretty boys from the north.
    But.... It's okay because seems like there is a fair amount of movement beginning to happen around the south west parts of town so will be interesting if their promotion is going to be more of a failure then success..

Ps- love that Pekay is still sniffing around
    Please share your info.....

Well there's been whispers around (and on this thread as well) that a chunk of their players don't want to play in Premier Division (that's why they all went to Camden). So with their promotion to Division 1 a number of them may return to previous clubs, retire or just move to another local club. Some being an integral part of the club for the last number of years.
    Obviously Camden and Campbelltown enjoy the yearly swap of a few players so that could be interesting to watch.
    Maybe SHH should make some enquiries on some of their players to get that success that escaped them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Advocate View Post
    Well there's been whispers around (and on this thread as well) that a chunk of their players don't want to play in Premier Division (that's why they all went to Camden). So with their promotion to Division 1 a number of them may return to previous clubs, retire or just move to another local club. Some being an integral part of the club for the last number of years.
    Obviously Camden and Campbelltown enjoy the yearly swap of a few players so that could be interesting to watch.
    Maybe SHH should make some enquiries on some of their players to get that success that escaped them this year.
    Come on man, we all know you're from Camden.

Pushing for Selection
    My mail is The Advocate has been quiet for a while due a pretty poor year for him. That to the side a few predictions for 2017.

ECE to get a new playing group, coach and President which will take its toll on ladder position but still make finals.

Wests to use the canteen funds (great canteen) to look to rebuild but still going to struggle for September action.

UTS to stack divisions again and win some more silverware in lower divisions but go backwards in Prems.

The battle in the West is down to two. Parra, The Riff and CTown dormamt at best with Camden and Magic pushing for 1st place out West. Camden to win battle due to to much depth, strong player culture and their drive for success (unlike Advocate opinion) and harmony between committee and playing group from what i can see.

A few extra ladies teams into the mix at both levels although still some terrible hidings to come for some.

U19's divisions to even up 8 a piece and our clubs in town still to dominate the West until they run with 1 or 2 clubs with 19s instead of having clubs think of only themselves and steal players from club to club year to year.

Premierships in 2017

Prems - St George
    Div 1 - Camden
    Div 2 - UTS
    Div 3 - Syd Uni
    Div 4 - Camden
    Div 5 - UTS
    19s 1 - St George
    19s 2 - Moorebank
    WP - Stingrays
    W1 - Saints

The Advocate to spend more time on the sideline and less behind the microphone in 2017.

Swans or Dogs? On the fence lets just hope for a cracking game!
    Last edited by Giants; 30th September 2016 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast