Thread: Clarkson accuses umpires of not giving Hawks enough free kicks LOL

Senior Player

Clarkson accuses umpires of not giving Hawks enough free kicks LOL

Quote from AFL website:

"The game�s changed in terms of interpretation," he said.

"How can you lay 104 tackles and not even 20 of them be done for holding the ball for incorrect disposal?

"So that�s where the game has changed a bit in terms of interpretation so we�ll have to get better in that aspect.

"That is a significant change in terms of how the game�s been umpired."

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Quote from AFL website:

"The game�s changed in terms of interpretation," he said.

"How can you lay 104 tackles and not even 20 of them be done for holding the ball for incorrect disposal?

"So that�s where the game has changed a bit in terms of interpretation so we�ll have to get better in that aspect.

"That is a significant change in terms of how the game�s been umpired."
    Obviously Clarkson hasn't ever bothered to watch any other game with his eyes open then........... been going on for years - tacklers don't get rewarded.

Saying that, there should be no correlation between number of tackles and how many are holding the ball. Look at our insipid tackling last week against GWS!

Always quick to find an excuse Clarkson.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    What's funny is at least two of those HTB decisions in favour of the Hawks were gifts from Stevic.

They're done. Good riddance.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Welcome to our world Clarko, the AFL has decided no more flags for you or your club for a while and the only way they can do it is through umpiring. You had your go, now its time for the dogs and GWS to shine, as per directive from the AFL.

Veterans List
    I had to laugh when I heard this. I was at the game last night and a lot of the tackles were in the bulldogs 50 when there were over 30 players around the ball. No way that there can be HTB in that situation when a player is tackled straight away.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I'm just a bit reminded of Jeff Kennett's outrage, when they copped the sort of Scott MacLaren special, that we were consistently copping for years beforehand.

lol. Biting the hand that feeds....
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

#NOfreekickhawthorn
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Given the frenetic nature of finals football its understandable that the umpires are going to miss a couple here and there. What continues to amaze me is the ignorance of what constitutes holding the ball / dropping the ball / incorrect disposal. Umpires won't pay a free if the player is tackled immediately, is not sufficiently impeded, or has the ball jolted free in the tackle. It's been like this for years. It's kind of cringe worthy hearing the roar of 'Ball!!' whenever a player as much as touches the ball carrier.

Having said that, I couldn't care less about you hawthorn. You are a blight on the game. Go and find a densely wooded area to crawl off to and die in. Begone!
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    It's kind of cringe worthy hearing the roar of 'Ball!!' whenever a player as much as touches the ball carrier.
    Its a stupid and cringworthy part of this "tradition" that melbourne AFL fans looove to go on about, like forcing two "interstate" sides to play the gf thousands of k's from each teams home ground as opposed to just 30 kms for the local melbourne sides because "maaaah traditions and MCG spiritual ground of all things footy"

Veterans List
    Clarkson is as deluded as Brad "we know our best is good enough" Scott.....