Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JPK - Mr Finals

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    very true, still wearing my LRTee
    Me too. Had to move our office away from N Sydney so that I didn't embarrass the (now-suited) viking every time I wore it and bumped into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    He's out of contract next year hopefully something similar to the Jack deal can be worked out.

Still has four years left (32).

McVeigh will probably retire next year is Kennedy the next captain he's been in a leadership group awhile now or is there someone else Nick Smith or Hanners?
    I agree with a previous poster that Parker would be a great captain.

Kennedy is on a relatively modest contract in relation to our other stars I believe so I imagine he would be looking for a market value deal to see him through to 32 at least.

He'd have to be in the same salary bracket as Parker and Hanners and then we have Mills and Heeney's stocks rising. The more you look at it, perhaps we really can't afford to keep Mitchell if we wish to keep the others.

Anyway, back on topic JPK was just immense last night, he just ran himself into the ground and did not stop. It's almost like that midfield group took the GWS loss as a personal affront and went out and really stood up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    there was one point late in the game when JPK was running forward down the wing/forward flank & the looked utterly exhausted ... but seemed to just will his weary body forward. Heroic
    I know EXACTLY the period you are referring to as I watched it with awe about two hours ago, he made about four efforts in that run, just superhuman stuff

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    very true, still wearing my LRTee
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Me too. Had to move our office away from N Sydney so that I didn't embarrass the (now-suited) viking every time I wore it and bumped into him.
    It is my go to shirt for finals time.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    I have watched the replay a couple of times and Kennedy was everywhere. He even looked like he had picked up a yard in pace.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    JPK is definitely an elite player. The most important Swan, I rate him higher than the likes of Selwood and Dangerfield (more consistent). Crazy to think he was unwanted at Hawthorn.
    I remember my work colleague (who was a fanatical Hawthorn member) telling me he was no big loss when he went to us in 2009. Bet he sings a different tune today. No wonder GSW targeted him last week. I wonder if they will do the same to Bontempelli this week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I remember my work colleague (who was a fanatical Hawthorn member) telling me he was no big loss when he went to us in 2009. Bet he sings a different tune today. No wonder GSW targeted him last week. I wonder if they will do the same to Bontempelli this week?
    I meant GWS.. TYPO.

I. Love. Joey.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I. Love. Joey.
    goswannette just mumbled something about "hands off AnnieH!" ... don't worry, I told her you saw him first & she's spoken for anyway!

I. Love. Joey.
    Goodesy is not happy!

Senior Player
    His semi against the Hawks in 2011, where he had 16 clearances, has to go down as one of the all-time great games!!
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Parker is two times Most Courageous MVP. He is, dare I say it, our Joel Selwood. He has captain written all over him. If Tom M really wants to leave, well let him.
    We only want guys that want to be here. Give all his money to JPK. Whatever we pay Josh, it ain't enough.

Warming the Bench
    My biggest bugbear is our captaincy situation.
    Kennedy should be our sole captain.
    I'd prefer Parker as vice-captain.
    If we need to have a co-vice-captain from a north of the Murray aspect, I'd be happy with K.Jack.

Veterans List
    I. Love. Joey.
    Me. Too. !! In. My. Case. Manlove......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast