Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JPK - Mr Finals

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I'm still a bit bitter and twisted about him only getting a week. And I'll be totally feral, if we play them in the GF and he does it again.
    Given it's a grand final he could expect to get as much, and some extra, coming back his way...

Who cares about missing a few weeks in the early rounds next year when there'a a flag up for grabs.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I sydney derby grand final will be off the charts hard stuff.

Yes, I'm still a bit bitter and twisted about him only getting a week. And I'll be totally feral, if we play them in the GF and he does it again.

Sent from the Woods by Skilled Use of Percussion.
    Stevie J will surely be target no 1 for the swans should it be an all Sydney grand final. Stuff the fines/suspensions whatever else. Let Nankervis bone crunch him a couple of times I say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    JPK is definitely an elite player. The most important Swan, I rate him higher than the likes of Selwood and Dangerfield (more consistent). Crazy to think he was unwanted at Hawthorn.
    He has developed into an unbelievably good player, who always finds another cog in finals.

With him and Buddy in our team, I feel that, even with the injuries and tiredness and whatever else, we are more than a good chance last week. It is Kennedy that really drives our midfield - when he plays well, the rest play well, and more often than not, we win.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    With him and Buddy in our team, I feel that, even with the injuries and tiredness and whatever else, we are more than a good chance last week. It is Kennedy that really drives our midfield - when he plays well, the rest play well, and more often than not, we win.
    there was one point late in the game when JPK was running forward down the wing/forward flank & the looked utterly exhausted ... but seemed to just will his weary body forward. Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Given it's a grand final he could expect to get as much, and some extra, coming back his way...

Who cares about missing a few weeks in the early rounds next year when there'a a flag up for grabs.
    Probably not the way we usually go about things, but that might change if we are hit with a cheap shot or two. I suspect there would be a bit of anger amongst the playing group after the QF and since most of the team were watching the NEAFL GF, then that would have only been reinforced by watching Zak Jones get knocked senseless. If we put Laidler on Johnson in the GF, then that might be an indication that any indiscretion will be punished.
    Though all that's a big 'what if', since I think that the Dogs will make the GF.
    In regards to Joey, it seems to me that he's added a bit more footwork and elusiveness to his game this year. Does anyone else think that?

Probably not the way we usually go about things, but that might change if we are hit with a cheap shot or two. I suspect there would be a bit of anger amongst the playing group after the QF and since most of the team were watching the NEAFL GF, then that would have only been reinforced by watching Zak Jones get knocked senseless. If we put Laidler on Johnson in the GF, then that might be an indication that any indiscretion will be punished.
    Though all that's a big 'what if', since I think that the Dogs will make the GF.
    In regards to Joey, it seems to me that he's added a bit more footwork and elusiveness to his game this year. Does anyone else think that?
    There were times last night where he was running at a serious gallop, i wondered if he'd done some sprint work or something. Seems to have found a yard on two at full pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    there was one point late in the game when JPK was running forward down the wing/forward flank & the looked utterly exhausted ... but seemed to just will his weary body forward. Heroic
    He certainly has the ability to dig deep even when the tank is looking very low.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think the pre-GF day public holiday may look a bit embarrassing were it to be an all-Sydney GF.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    If it is GWS vs Sydney grand final it could be the first time in a long time that they offer grand final tickets for general public sale. GWS are unlikely to sell their quota to their members. In 2012 the swans ballot was undersubscribed so they offered a secondary sale to members who hadn't entered the ballot in the first place. And that was when we had 32000 members. I honestly can't see how GWS will sell all of their allotted seats.

I like the Dogs , they can beat the Giants .
    On pure adrenalin .

Veterans List
    If GWS make granny, Johnson will run roit. It will be like alister lynch"s last game.
    Unless someone removes him from the game first.....now that I'd love to see.

Regular in the Side
    JPK is a legend and seeing him chase down cameron last night was awesome...

it beggars the question who do we have coming through as that big bodied inside mid once JPK hangs up the boots or is that a while away...how old is he?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast