Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
Hi Folks.

Just joined and this is my first post. Been a Rugby League Fan all my life, but started supporting the Swans in 1996, and been a member since the Swans started playing at ANZ, seen about 85% of their games there. ANZ is far easier to get to with better public transport from my area (Bangor). Have a reasonable knowledge of the game but don't claim to be a guru by any means.

Just want to get people's thoughts on potential replacements this week.

Looks like we are bringing back Tippett this week. To me Nankervis and Naismith both deserve their spots and if Rowan is out, I am wondering what the forum thinks of bringing Tippett back mainly to play in the forward line with occasional ruck duties in the forward 50. Do we think he is a tad slow to play up front and thus better suited to the ruck? I think by putting him up front he might take one or two of the best defenders away from Franklin and Richards and thus free them up a little bit. Looks like Heeney is going to play more in the midfield. Looks like number of options for McVeigh.
Thoughts.
Welcome aboard. In regards to your questions, personally I wouldn't play three ruckmen if Rohan was ruled out. Mainly because on the wide open spaces of the MCG, we need plenty of pace, in order to apply forward pressure. While a few people have mentioned Towers as a possible replacement for Rohan, my preference is Rose. Even though he is slightly slower than Towers, he does apply more tackles and he does go in harder. He is also less susceptible to rabbit in headlights moments.
Since Nankervis played well, I'd probably only play Tippett if he was at the least, 95% fit.
And a quick aside on Heeney, I suspect that him playing more midfield, means that Papley and McGlynn are now combining better up forward?